Apply now Job no:520915
Work type:full time
Categories:Marketing / Communications, Fundraising / Philanthropy, Governance, Policy & Compliance, Management, Hospitality & Events
External Engagement Manager, UNSW Canberra
Employment type: Full time, 35hrs
Duration: Fixed term, for a period up to 13 months
Remuneration: Level 9 from $138,171, plus 17% Superannuation
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Please note: this is a leave coverage position
About UNSW Canberra
University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Canberra is a campus of UNSW located at the multiple locations in Canberra. UNSW is not like other places you have worked, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It is the reason we are one of the top 50 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Why Your Role Matters:
The portfolio of External Engagement has been created within the Division of External Engagement at UNSW Sydney. The Division covers activities including media, communications, web, events, fundraising, alumni engagement, Government, community, and diplomatic relations.
The position of External Engagement Manager, UNSW Canberra includes events and program delivery, community and alumni engagement, fundraising and sponsorships. The position is embedded in UNSW Canberra and is responsible for the delivery of external engagement activities locally and in a manner that most effectively supports the needs of the UNSW Canberra leadership team.
- Support the Head of Engagement and Impact in the delivery of UNSW Canberra strategic plans and initiatives.
- Coordinate and lead key ‘community building’ activities within the College, playing a ‘hands-on’ role in developing and delivering activities that help mobilise stakeholders in support of the UNSW Canberra’s core mission. This will involve executing plans to reach specific external audiences (alumni, prospects, donors, industry partners etc.) and inspire actions in line with UNSW Canberra’s needs (e.g. philanthropic gifts, alumni volunteering, government support for research, industry support for student internships etc.).
- Lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team covering events, sponsorship, philanthropy, industry and alumni.
- Support UNSW Development to a build philanthropic strategy and manage a portfolio of long-term relationships that deepen their philanthropic investment and engagement with UNSW Canberra.
- Prepare philanthropic proposals, campaign materials and stewardship information for major gift prospects and donors with support from the Alumni and Engagement Coordinator, UNSW Canberra and Division of External Engagement.
- Oversee and as required provide operational support to college events to ensure events achieve desired outcomes.
Who You Are:
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated capacity to develop and execute external engagement plans, to meet the priorities identified by the organisation; Evidence of successfully improving an organisation’s profile via external engagement activities.
• Ability to work in a highly adaptable and consultative manner, working in a collaborative way to deliver successful outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to solicit and close philanthropic gifts of more than $100k.
• Evidence of success in building and maintaining strong relationships with senior staff, influential donors or alumni, and external organisations for successful fundraising and/or engagement outcomes.
• Ability to lead, motivate and train team members, to establish priorities and manage competing deadlines for self and others.
Benefits and Culture:
UNSW is committed to helping staff balance work-life responsibilities, by providing access to high-quality services, facilities, and flexible work and leave arrangements.
• Generous superannuation contributions
• Employee discounts
• A commitment to life long learning
• UNSW-wide strategy to focus on Healthy Body, Heathy Mind, Healthy Places and Healthy Culture.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake pre-employment checks prior to commencement in this role. The checks that will be undertaken are listed in the Position Description. You will not be required to provide any further documentation or information regarding the checks until directly requested by UNSW.
The successful candidate will be required to work from the UNSW Canberra campus. To be successful you will hold Australian Working Rights or Australian Citizenship. UNSW is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
How to apply:
Make each day matter with a meaningful career at UNSW. Please apply via our online recruitment system.
In your application, please include:
• your CV
• a 2-page pitch addressing the Skills and Experience outlined in the Position Description
In order to view the Position Description – please ensure that you allow pop-ups for Jobs@UNSW Portal.
Applications Close: 10 December 2023 11:30pm AEDT.
E: [email protected]
Any questions about the application process - please email [email protected]
For further information about UNSW Canberra, please visit our website: UNSW Canberra
Find out more about the lifestyle and benefits when working with UNSW
UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for staff.
Advertised:23 Nov 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:10 Dec 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Multimedia Producer, AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (ANU), United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Classification: ANU Officer 6/7 (Administration) Salary package: $89,134 - $102,600 per annum plus 17% superannuation Terms: Full time, Fixed Term (up to 12 months) Bring to life our premium brand...
Executive Officer, Australian Catholic University, Australia, 16 days ago
Campus Location: Melbourne, Australia Job No: APTAV105057#002 Exciting opportunity to support executive members of the University who lead the functions of People & Capability Directorate and Lega...
Administrative Officer, Australian Catholic University, Australia, 5 days ago
Campus Location: Melbourne, Australia Job No: APTAV115342#002 Join the friendly Learning and Leadership Enterprise Team 17% employer superannuation, salary packaging and generous leave provisions ...
Statistician, Australian Catholic University, Australia, 6 days ago
Campus Location: North Sydney, Australia Job No: APTAV100447#009 Join a vibrant team of researchers and clinicians conducting rigorous, nurse-led, multidisciplinary health services and implementat...
Student Systems Technical Lead, Australian Catholic University, Australia, about 17 hours ago
Campus Location: North Sydney, Australia | Brisbane, Australia | Melbourne, Australia Job No: APTAV125115#007 Opportunity to lead and develop your career Join a dynamic organisation with ongoing s...
Doctoral Student In Physics Within The Discipline Of Characterisation Of Artificial Protein Motors, Lunds universitet, Sweden, 28 days ago
4 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Lunds universitet Department Lund University, Faculty of Engineering, LTH, Department of Physics Research Field Physics Researcher Profile First Sta...