Work type:Casual/Sessional, Full time - Continuing/Permanent, Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Categories:Engineering, Teaching, Teacher
- Join RMIT to make a difference as a Vocational Education Teacher in Electrical
- Salary level: Teacher 1-5 ($63,136 - 101,161 p.a) plus super and benefits on offer
- Potential Fixed-term position for 2 years, located at RMIT’s CBD campus
About RMIT and The College of Vocational Education
The purpose of RMIT’s College of Vocational Education is to empower learners and our industry, community and government partners to succeed in the new world of work. Our five-year strategic roadmap, ALiVE@RMIT, purposefully guides everything we do in vocational education to deliver our vision: to position RMIT as a leading multi-sector provider with global impact and influence.
Are you looking for a ‘Workstyle Change?’
Are you interested in a career change and an opportunity to be a Vocational Education Teacher in the Electrical Trade? We are interested to hear from potential teachers who have a passion for education and who want to give back to the industry.
What’s on Offer:
- Excellent modern resources and advanced learning spaces
- Current and well-developed learning materials and assessment tools
- Ongoing support and career development
- A collaborative environment that is supportive and inclusive
- A student cohort that is from across the state of Victoria
- Excellent industry reputation and access to well-established employer networks.
About the Role:
Join RMIT to make a difference as a Vocational Education Teacher in Electrical as you….
- Prepare and deliver teaching programs
- Provide continuing development, delivery and review of course material and content
- Teaching methods (including online delivery) assessment of students and their supervision.
What you will bring:
- A passion and desire to share your knowledge and experience with students
- Your diverse knowledge in electrical trades from industry and/ or previous teaching experience
- An ability to prepare and teach programs, including via online delivery and experience with competency-based assessment
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills relevant to teaching, presentation and facilitation
- A collaborative approach as you work with industry groups and RMIT staff
A current training and assessment qualification (Cert IV TAE40110/6 or Dip VET TAE50111/6) and or including mandatory TAE units TAELLN411 and TAEASS502.
You will have relevant industry experience in the electrical trade, and a qualification at or above the level being delivered. If successful you will be required to demonstrate your currency and have the required electrical licenses.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
PD VE College_VE Teacher Electrical.pdf
We would love to hear from you, so please register your 'Expression of Interest' and outline your suitability for the role.
For further information please reach out to Kevin Flynn - Program Manager on +61 39925 9394 or via email email@example.com
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Pave Teacher Electrical, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Vocational Education Teacher required to join Swinburne’s Trades & Engineering Technologies team Full time, 2-year fixed term role, available at our Wantirna campus Salary: up to $103,118 base (de...
Technical Officer Composites Manufacturing, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 14 days ago
Join an exciting project working with key industry and research partners Full time, 12 month fixed term position located in Clayton $71,274 + 17% superannuation About the Job Swinburne University ...
Senior Lecturer In Criminology, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Make an impact in the rapidly growing discipline of Criminology Full time, ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus Academic Level C: $122,946 - $141,473 + 17% superannuation About the Job Criminol...
Career Consultant, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 23 days ago
Employability Unit Part time (0.8 FTE), ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus HEW 7: $90,692 - $97,797 + 17% superannuation (pro rata) We are looking for a dynamic individual to join us and take...
Lecturer, Nursing, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 13 hours ago
School of Health Sciences 2 x Full time ongoing positions at our Hawthorn campus Level B: $100,719 - $119,242 + 17% superannuation Join Swinburne and bring you passion and expertise to enrich the ...
Indigenous Student Administrator Vet Group, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 14 days ago
Outstanding opportunity to provide impactful support to our Indigenous student community Full time, ongoing positions at our Wantirna and Croydon campus HEW4: $65,725 base + 17% superannuation Spe...