- Opportunity to work in an ‘Exceeding’ rated Education and Care Service
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 6 months
- Salary range: $62,101 - $69,363 plus 10% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
UWA Child Care Services provides an Early Learning Centre that offers part-time and full-time care to children aged six weeks to five years, and an Out of School Care Service that provides After School Care and Vacation Care for pre-primary students to twelve year olds, during state school terms and state school holidays.
Management and staff aim to provide high quality education and care and enriching learning experiences for all children, in partnership with their families, and in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Law (WA) Act 2012, Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012 and the National Quality Framework.
About the opportunity
You will provide leadership to an individual room team to support the delivery of a quality education and care program.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Hold a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or Diploma of Teaching (or equivalent) as approved by The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Education and Care Services National Law (WA) Act 2012 and the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012
- Hold a Working with Children Check
- Hold a current Medical Certificate certifying fitness to work in an Education and Care Service
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying: Early Childhood Teacher.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55PM on Friday, 21 January 2022
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised:07 Jan 2022 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:21 Jan 2022 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Software Developer (Django) Automated Fish Id, Curtin University, Australia, 3 days ago
Job reference: 819017 Automated Fish ID The Curtin Institute for Computation has been awarded a grant, as part of a consortium, to further develop the Automated Fish ID (AFID) digital assistant. ...
Specialist Lead Acute Care Discipline Of Medicine, Curtin University, Australia, 2 days ago
Job Reference: 818656 About the Curtin Medical School Established in 2017, the Curtin Medical School, which is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences, brings together multidisciplinary teaching an...
Hospital Placement Officer, Curtin University, Australia, 2 days ago
Job Reference: 842697 About Curtin Medical School Established in 2017, the Curtin Medical School, which is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences, brings together multidisciplinary teaching and re...
Senior Lecturer (Lead Technology & Innovation), Discipline Of Medicine, Curtin University, Australia, 3 days ago
Job Reference: 818666 Curtin Medical School Established in 2017, the Curtin Medical School, which is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences, brings together multidisciplinary teaching and research...
Technician Refrigeration, Curtin University, Australia, 2 days ago
Job Reference: 829191 About us Properties, Facilities & Development (PF&D) plays an important role in ensuring Curtin’s physical presence supports the University’s vision to be a recognised global...
Sessional Lecturers School Of Nursing And Midwifery, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Sessional rates as per Industrial Instrument Casual, South West Campus Open to candidates with the relevant working rights SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY SESSIONAL RATES AS PER INDUSTRIAL INSTRUM...