Job Reference: 799476
Digital & Technology Solutions (DTS)
Curtin is Western Australia’s largest university. With a global presence, it aims to transform lives and communities through education and research. The Digital and Technology Services (DTS) team at Curtin provide the enterprise digital platforms that support Curtin’s students and staff.
The DTS team is full steam ahead on modernising our technology platforms, and working with stakeholders to define the digital future for Curtin University. There is an enormous amount of work to be done -- it is bleeding edge and we promise you won’t be bored!
Aside from our exciting technology transformation projects, we are also evolving how we work. We are moving to a matrix structure of cross functional teams whose delivery is aligned to the University’s purpose. In your role as Project Manager, you will lead cross-functional project teams and work closely with vendors and business stakeholders to deliver complex IT projects which support Curtin’s business goals.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You take initiative and drive improvement
- Your experience leading enterprise grade complex technology projects in large organisations will enable you to hit the ground running
- You have experience using agile practices for project delivery and in guiding others in the use of agile and are expert in how to integrate with dependencies that are not using the same methodology
- Your strong delivery background with proven success in managing costs, scope, and schedules, whilst effectively managing stakeholder expectations, will allow you to deliver significant business impact for the university
- You have excellent problem-solving capabilities to address emergent issues and keep your projects on track
- You can use project management practices and tools to facilitate producing deliverables and achieve team and stakeholder alignment
- You have significant experience managing vendor performance to support the delivery of project outcomes
- You are skilled in all project management domains with an eye for detail to deliver high quality reports and project management artefacts
- You are able to drive a strong cross functional project team culture, with a positive can-do mindset
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact professionally with stakeholders, influence and build relationships
- You enjoy contributing your knowledge and experience to building consistent ways of working across project teams
- Experience in higher education is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and/or extensive relevant experience
- Agile and Project Management Certifications; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers by the Diversity Council of Australia.
- One of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an ‘Elevate’ Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation
- 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019)
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
Applications close: 9.00pm AWST Friday 22 October 2021
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact email@example.com
For more information regarding the position description, please copy the link below and add into your browser:
Please apply via the attached link, we cannot accept resumes sent to the above contact.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Web Developer Internship, ACS Foundation, Australia, 6 days ago
Perth, WA About Us Curtin University is a highly ranked Australian public research and teaching university. The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy undertakes research into astrophysics, astronom...
Web Developer (Marine Spatial Ecology), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job no:508351 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology School of Biological Sciences Big data and immersive imagery to improve marine biodiversity conservation and ma...
Control Systems Engineer Intern, ACS Foundation, Australia, 18 days ago
Perth, WA About Us InSig Technologies is a fast-growing Mining Technology company with a newly created role for a fast learning and enthusiastic Industrial Network Engineer. The role will be based...
Digital Channel Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job no:508630 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing, Information Technology Brand, Marketing and Recruitment Full-time, ongoing appointment Salary range: L...
Scientific Officer (Biomedical Sciences), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job no:508076 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Technical/Laboratory support Full-time, ongoing appointment Salary range: Level 6, $ 83,005 - $87,723 p.a. plus 17% superannuation The...
Senior Team Leader (Research Management Accounting), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 12 days ago
Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 2 years Salary range: Level 8 $101,337 - $110,766 plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities...