As the Director of Academic Services, you will be responsible for the strategic leadership and operational management of the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor. You will also oversee and provide operational guidance for developing and delivering academic initiatives and services to support students’ academic growth in Curtin Singapore.
In this role, you will...
- Lead the strategic planning for the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor and assist the Pro Vice-Chancellor & President in developing and implementing the overall departmental strategic plan.
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Finance Manager to create annual budgets and make necessary changes to ensure fiscal health in the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor to achieve strategic objectives.
- Establish performance goals and measures to evaluate the success of assigned areas.
- Establish, in conjunction with the Pro Vice-Chancellor & President the development and implementation of academic policies and procedures consistent with the University, regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
- Develop and maintain effective systems for information management to meet internal and external requirements for evidence, data and statistics for regulatory requirements and accreditations.
- Represent and participate in Curtin University, Curtin College, or Navitas English key academic or courses committees to initiate change and resolve issues related to academic services and curriculum requirements.
- Responsible for course compliance matters with regulatory bodies, especially the Committee for Private Education (CPE) to ensure all course information, including academic teaching staff, academic resources, Academic Board and Examination Board members are maintained and in accordance with the requirements.
- Monitor student academic progress and implement intervention and support services as needed.
- Assess diverse academic and student services to adjust the structure and program to address the needs of students as well as Curtin University, Curtin College or Navitas English policy and procedural changes.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of all service areas and provide professional leadership to staff responsible for leading each team.
- Manage, in conjunction with the Pro Vice-Chancellor & President in developing and monitoring research and development plans, including research partnerships for Curtin Singapore.
- Coordinate research activities, including managing budget allocation in the Joint Research Fund.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher), combined with extensive academic and managerial experience.
- Demonstrated capacity to act effectively in a leadership role
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision.
- Well-developed time management and organisational skill.
- High levels of initiative and problem solving skills.
- Experience in academic administration in the tertiary education sector - Desirable
- Experience in working with international students - Desirable
- Fluency in a second language/work experience in a foreign culture - Desirable
To learn more about this opportunity, please contactLinley Lord, Pro Vice-Chancellor & President, Singapore
Please apply through the following linkonly:
Curtin Singapore is one of Curtin University campuses around the world. This campus makes a Curtin education even more accessible. Curtin Singapore continues the dynamic emphasis on innovative teaching methods, strong industry links and highly employable graduates that are synonymous with the Curtin name. When you choose Curtin Singapore you can be confident that you are choosing a leading educator that is recognised globally.
Applications close: Friday 9th June 2023, 10.00 pm AWST
Lecturer In Applied Statistics @Curtin, Aust MS, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Closing date: 10 October 2023; 17:00 AWST Campus: Curtin University; School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences (EECMS) Remuneration: $110,442 – $130,829 (ALB) per annum...
Pro Vice Chancellor Health Sciences, University of Otago, New Zealand, about 9 hours ago
Pro-Vice-Chancellor - Health Sciences-2301493 DIVISION OF HEALTH SCIENCES TE WĀHANGA MATUA MĀTAU HAUORA The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Otago invites applications for the position of Pro-...
Pro Vice Chancellor Health Sciences , ;, New Zealand, about 14 hours ago
As New Zealand's oldest and most research-intensive university, the University of Otago is ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world and attracts first-rate academics and students. Our gra...
Institute Manager, AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (ANU), United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Classification: Senior Manager 1 (Administration) Salary package: $122,133 - $127,967 per annum plus 17% superannuation Term: Full time, Fixed term (up to 2 years), with possibility of extension P...
Pro Vice Chancellor (Indigenous), Australian Catholic University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Campus Location: North Sydney, Australia | Brisbane, Australia | Melbourne, Australia Inaugural executive academic leadership role, with national focus Inform and influence organisational strategy...
Uni101 Course Lead (Current Aut Employees Only), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 14 days ago
Full time (1.0) fixed term academic secondment to December 2024 Uni101 is a pan-University course that is one of the initiatives of the Ki Uta Ki Tai Learner Success Plan. The course is a 15 point...