Job Reference: 883325
Curtin’s School of Nursing is the longest established school of nursing in the Australian university sector. From the time it opened 47 years ago, the school has been a key part of the University’s drive to be a leader in health sciences education and research. The school delivers a range of undergraduate courses in nursing, oral health therapy and paramedicine; and specialist postgraduate courses in areas ranging from diabetes and critical care, to child health and midwifery.
The overarching purpose of the Director is to provide strong leadership within the School in implementation and execution of University and Faculty plans relating to the relevant portfolio (Learning and Teaching).
In this role you will
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of school quality assurance and improvement strategies for learning and teaching consistent with University policy and requirements, with particular emphasis on:
- Developing a culture of innovation and excellence in learning and teaching;
- Course performance, innovation and improvement; and evaluation of teaching quality;
- Accreditation processes and monitoring.
- Coordinate activities relating to curriculum development, implementation and renewal as well as on-going accreditation requirements as applicable and as required.
- Provide advice and support to academic staff in matters related to the development of teaching and learning practice and scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Work collaboratively with the Faculty Director Student Engagement in the development of Work Integrated Learning programs.
- Represent the School on the Faculty Learning and Teaching Committee.
- Curtin continues to be a leader in reconciliation in the Higher Education sector, being one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevate RAP - the highest level within Reconciliation Australia’s Workplace RAP Framework.
- The University has recently been named as one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia (DCA)
- A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with
- A doctoral qualification in relevant discipline.
- Registered with AHPRA (or the equivalent Australian health professional regulatory authority).
- A demonstrated record of achievement in and commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated achievement in the discipline/field through the scholarly development and delivery of high quality educational courses.
- An established record of highly productive research outputs with regular publication in high quality refereed academic journals, or outputs in other creative outlets, consistent with an international reputation in the field.
- A significant record of obtaining research income, including nationally competitive research grants and/or fellowships.
- Demonstrated academic leadership experience in the discipline/profession and in community engagement.
- Significant experience and record of providing supervision to higher degree research students.
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to foster the development of a collegial and supportive working environment and the ability to interact with students and staff with cross cultural sensitivity.
- Prior to appointment, the recommended applicant/s will need to have a current criminal record check in accordance with the University's National Police Certificate Assessment Procedures.
Candidates should note that Curtin University has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Procedures which covers all staff, students, campuses and activities, effective 21 February 2022.
If you are invited to attend the next stage of assessments, you may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status, including your booster if eligible (or formally granted exemption) upon arrival, and if you are offered a role at Curtin, you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination or exemption status prior to commencing employment.
Please apply on-line with a cover letter addressing the specific selection criteria and resume to enable us to assess your suitability for the role.
Applications close: 10pm AWST Wednesday 18th May 2022
If you have any queries in relation to the requirements of this role please contact:
Tracey Moroney – Head of School, Curtin School of Nursing on firstname.lastname@example.org
Inclusion and Diversity at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Have become one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation (2018-2022).
- Voted 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019).
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Research Associate, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 22 days ago
School of Physics, Mathematics and Computing Use your strong practical and research background to positively impact the data-science industry Two years fixed term full time role, with possibility ...
Software Research Engineer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Job no:509177 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology, Technical/Laboratory support International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) Full-time appointment o...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer, Early Childhood Studies, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 7 days ago
$102,253-$120,814 (ALEVB) pa or $124,522 - $143,081 (ALEVC) pa Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup and Mount Lawley Campus SCHOOL OF EDUCATION JOONDALUP & MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUSES $102,253-$120,814 (Level ...
Teaching Operations Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Job no:510034 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support College Services Two available positions: Full-time, ongoing opportunity Full-time, fixed-term oppo...
Coordinator (Digitisation Centre Of Wa), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 11 days ago
University Library Full-time, fixed term appointment till 13 December 2023 Base salary range: Level 7: $90,862 – $100,814 p.a. plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is...
Librarian (Collection And Access Services), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 15 days ago
University Library Two available positions One full-time appointment on an ongoing basis One full-time, appointment on a fixed term basis for 2 years Base salary range: Level 6 - $83,005 – $87,723...