Records, Archives & Digitisation Services
- Work together as a team in the Digitisation Centre of WA to digitise items from identified Western Australia collections for preservation and access
- Level 4, part-time (0.4FTE) appointment on a fixed term basis to end of March 2024
- Base salary range: $68,640 - $72,913 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Digitisation Centre of WA is an important piece of research infrastructure that aims to digitise, to global archival standards, the major Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences collections held in Western Australia. This Centre includes as partners the Western Australian universities, the State Library of Western Australia and the Western Australian Museum. The facilities and staff are split across two locations with digitisation of print, transparencies, film, and video located at the Barry J Marshall Library at the University of Western Australia and audio digitisation located at the State Library of Western Australia.
About the opportunity
You will be responsible for providing administrative support and work as part of a team in the Digitisation Centre of WA. You will receive and prepare materials for digitisation, undertake digitisation and processing of cultural heritage materials, and provide maintenance of equipment, procedures, and standards relating to digitisation.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Considerable relevant experience with contemporary digitisation equipment and processes
- Proficiency in a range of information and communication technologies, digital capture equipment, and file management
- Knowledge of standards and best practice principles with regard to digitisation techniques and an understanding of handling processes for sensitive and fragile materials
- Awareness of conservation ethics (as outlined in the AICCM Code of Ethics and Practice)
- Problem solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work flexibly with a positive approach in a rapidly changing environment
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: PD - Digitisation Officer 513611.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Monday, 6 February 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Janet Luk at email@example.com
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:23 Jan 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:06 Feb 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Icrar Independent Member And Chair Of Finance And Audit Committee, Curtin University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
ICRAR Independent Member and Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee Opportunity expiry date: 6 April 2023 Opportunity name: Independent Member of the Governing Board and Chair of the Finance & A...
Lecturer Oral Health Therapy, Curtin University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Job reference: 1045487 About us School of Nursing at Curtin Curtin’s School of Nursing is the longest established school of nursing in the Australian university sector. From the time it opened 47 ...
Software Developer Cira, Curtin University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Job Reference: 1051183 The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy (CIRA) The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy (CIRA) is a multi-disciplinary research institute engaged in a range of projects invol...
Director, Development And Alumni Relations, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Competitive remuneration to be negotiated 5-year, full-time senior appointment Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens, or Australian permanent residents Director, Development and Alumni Relati...
Support Officer, Learning & Teaching, Curtin University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Job reference: 1045502 Faculty of Health Sciences Curtin’s Faculty of Health Sciences has four academic schools that deliver a range of undergraduate, postgraduate and higher degree by research (H...
Senior Developer Cisco Curtin Centre For Networks, Curtin University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Job Reference: 1052881 School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences (EECMS) Formed in 2017, our school brings together Curtin’s core capabilities across electrical enginee...