Apply now Job no:524798
Categories:Marketing and Communications, International Education
- Flexible location
- Full-time and fixed term (12 months)
- HEW 7 $90,769 - $99,946 + 17% Superannuation
The Coordinator, Digital Marketing (China) is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the digital marketing strategy and campaigns for the China market, including Chinese audiences living in Australia. This includes the planning, development and execution of engaging, emotive and creative content in Chinese language.
The role is key to optimising Deakin’s online, content, and social marketing tools specifically targeting prospective Chinese students overseas and in Australia. The Coordinator, Digital Marketing (China) will also support the Deakin China Office with marketing and recruitment efforts and contribute to digital lead acquisition and online conversion strategies for Chinese prospective students.
As appropriate, this position will provide detailed market feedback and intelligence, including suggesting and implementing new opportunities and initiatives and working collaboratively to achieve Deakin’s student recruitment targets in China.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement and optimise digital marketing campaigns and content plans across Chinese digital marketing channels, including WeChat, Weibo, Douyin and Baidu to engage with and attract prospective students to the University
- Develop and manage targeted audience strategies to inform and identify opportunities and campaign gaps such as targeting Chinese students living in Australia
- Research, write, design and create digital simplified Chinese content to support the university’s objectives and to communicate information to prospective students
- Consult a diverse range of stakeholders and experts, not immediately involved, such as conducting market research and reviewing customer insights, to gain a broader and deeper understanding of a specific issue
- Contribute to the delivery of engaging, emotive and creative video content projects with agencies or external suppliers, including sourcing talent, scripting, storyboarding, filming and editing to a high-quality standard
- Plan and prioritises work and critical activities appropriately and recognises barriers to achieving outcomes, finds effective ways to deal with them and evaluates progress
- Actively seek feedback from colleagues and stakeholders on things that are working well and areas for improvement
- Establish and demonstrate a high level of learning, energy and commitment and maintain personal integrity and make decisions consistent with University values
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A Degree with at least 4 years subsequent relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in digital marketing
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English, with ability to write fluently in Simplified Chinese
- Experience in the application and implementation of digital technologies in a marketing environment and digital marketing campaigns targeting China across channels such as WeChat, Weibo, Douyin and Baidu
- An understanding of the international higher education sector including the China market
- Experience writing successful, emotive, and engaging content for a Chinese audience
- Experience managing content production (including video) externally and internally *desirable
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Affects, InDesign and Photoshop) *desirable
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Coordinator Digital Marketing - China.docx
Applications for this position close on 10 July 2022.
- Working with Children Check
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Will Kiddle, Digital Marketing Manager, International at email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Associate Professor In Marketing , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥606,426 to ¥720,242 £74,446.07 to £88,418.35 converted salary* pe...
Lecturer: Forestry And Environmental Management , Bangor University ;, China, about 24 hours ago
Applications are invited for the above limited term full time post working at Bangor College China, Changsha City, Hunan Province, China. Established in 2014, Bangor College China (BCC) is a Joint...
Associate Professor In Marketing, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking to recruit an Associate Professor in Marketing in Nottingham University Business School China. Your Responsibility Your key responsibilities includ...
Senior Corporate Branding & Marketing Advisor (Intl.) , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥337,904 to ¥460,527 £41,205.70 to £56,158.97 converted salary* pe...
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor In Smart Food , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, about 24 hours ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: Not specified Closing Date: Monday, 29 August 2022Reference: 182538 The China Beacons Institute is now seeking exceptional scholars to join ...
Assistant Professor In Chemistry , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: 429906 RMB to 566105 RMB per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond thi...