per annum for up to two years
The recipient cannot hold any other scholarship.
Who is it for?
Future undergraduates, Future postgraduate coursework, Australian Citizen
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
One payment per year of $15,000 paid after semester 2 census date. Payments will be made for up to two years for new Undergraduate students, and two years for new Masters by coursework students.
The Destination Australia scheme seeks to attract and support new students to study in regional Australia and offers students a high-quality learning experience. This scholarship offers students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to experience regional Australia.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a new domestic student commencing their first year of study in a Bachelor degree, or Masters by coursework in Semester 2, 2022. Current La Trobe students who are beginning a Masters by coursework in Semester 2, 2022 are also eligible. New students who have completed a TAFE Diploma or Advanced Diploma and are on a pathway into the second year of a Bachelor-level degree are eligible and strongly encouraged to apply.
- Be studying full-time at a regional campus in a course that is offered in its entirety at that campus (Online, Diploma or Certificate students are not eligible for this scholarship)
- Be residing in, or intending to move to, a regional area, classified as RA2 to RA5, by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area . (Check the 2016 box next the "ASGS Remoteness Areas").
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Personal statement, in particular how well the applicant addresses their commitment to studying and supporting the community in a regional area
- Evidence of academic merit*
- Evidence of disadvantage*
There are limited scholarship places allocated to each regional campus.
*For further information regarding providing evidence please click here.
- Recipients must be studying at a regional campus in a course that is offered in its entirety at the campus. The scholarship is not transferable to Bundoora or City campuses.
- Recipients must enrol full time each Semester to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- Recipients must reside in a regional area classified as RA2 to RA5, by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area . (Check the 2016 box next the "ASGS Remoteness Areas"). Recipients must provide evidence of residency if requested.
- Recipients cannot hold any other University scholarship.
How to apply
Applications for students commencing in Semester 2, 2022 are now open .
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the application form and return by the closing date
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Monash Law Faculty International Study Scholarship , Monash University, Australia, 14 days ago
Monash Law Faculty International Study Scholarship This scholarship assists outstanding JD or Bachelor of Laws students to undertake an international pathway programs. The scholarship was introduc...
Risk And Compliance Officer, CSIRO, Australia, about 17 hours ago
Identify and resolve issues and inefficiencies in compliance and risk management Ensure regulatory compliance for the research vessel, engineering facilities and research activities Deliver high q...
Team Leader Science & Decision Support, CSIRO, Australia, 4 days ago
Draw on your strong biodiversity science and analytic skills and lead a high-performance team Support users from research, government, industry, and the public Join the Atlas of Living Austr...
Senior Manager, Media And Communications Atn Universities, RMIT University, Australia, 3 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Fixed Term position until July 2025 Salary Level HEW 9 + 17% Superannuation Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, with hybrid ways of working About the role The Senior Manager Me...
Senior Adviser (Governance, Strategy And Partnerships), RMIT University, Australia, 3 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Fixed Term position until July 2025 Salary Level HEW 9 + 17% Superannuation Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, with hybrid ways of working About the role The Senior Adviser (G...
Pawsey Supercomputing Centre Summer Internships, CSIRO, Australia, about 17 hours ago
Acknowledgement of Country CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection ...