- Based in the University Library at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time continuing position within a high performing team
- Open to current UniSA staff and Australian Aboriginal peoples only
About the Role
Reporting to the Acquisition and Collection Coordinator, you will work across Library teams to provide technical expertise in analytics, information systems, discovery and digital resource use. You will support the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of data analytics and reporting across the Library and provide performance insights on resources in a timely and accurate manner.
About UniSA Library
The University of South Australia Library supports the University’s teaching learning and research mission through provision of relevant information resources and associated services. The Library also coordinates copyright for the University. There are four campus libraries, located at City East, City West, Magill and Mawson Lakes as well as the Off Campus Library Service. Information technology and information resource management services are on the Mawson Lakes campus. The Library has a growing research collection with over 700,000 eBooks and online journals as well as print resources and archival collections.
- Collect, analyse, collate and report on statistics for a range of functional areas
- Undertake research, data collection and analysis
- Contribute to library business processes and workflow review, coordinate and analyse relevant data; and identify, identify, design and implement improvements
- Audit, test and evaluate system functionality and provide feedback against specifications and requirements
- Provide analytics and reporting required to support and monitor key performance targets, maintain data integrity, minimise risk and identify areas of improvement
- Leverage data analytic techniques, to create customised reports and data visualisations to provide enhanced information for decision making
- Develop tools and utilities to improve the efficiency of operations
- Identify and recommend relevant analytical tools and technologies and develop procedures to exploit new technologies
Essential Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Management or a related discipline (such as Data Science, IT or Statistics)
- Significant expertise in data collection, analysis and visualisation including high level skills in data interpretation and manipulation using a variety of tools
- Significant project management experience, including the development and implementation of project plans from broad direction
- Extensive high level of organisational, administrative and time management skills
- High level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to successfully communicate and to coordinate, lead, manage and work positively with academics, students and professional staff, face-to-face and online
- Significant experience in information resource management and the modules of an integrated library management system
- An extensive knowledge of information sources in all formats and proven ability in searching databases and other web-based products and services
- Significant knowledge of emergent technologies and an ability to assess and apply them in a Library environment
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
- A variety of leave arrangements
How to Apply
Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume only.
Please address your cover letter to Alex Koszegi – Senior Consultant: Talent Attraction. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 5067.
Applications close: 11.30pm Sunday 16 April 2023
To be eligible to apply for internal positions, you must either identify as an Australian Aboriginal Person, or be a current UniSA continuing, fixed-term or casual staff member at the time the position is advertised and have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of the appointment.
CLICK HERE to view the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Research Associate (Aras), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 23 days ago
12 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Environmental science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher...
Lecturer In Sports And Recreational Management, Teaching Level B, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 26 days ago
9 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Management sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country A...
Senior Research Analytics Lead, SWINBURNE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, Australia, 20 days ago
13 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company SWINBURNE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Country Australia Application Deadlin...
Senior Data Engineer And Technical Lead, University of Sydney, Australia, 6 days ago
Full time, continuing position as a Senior Data Engineer & Technical Lead Develop and enhance the University’s current Data Lake/Data Warehouse Offering a competitive remuneration package includin...
Academic Support Librarian University Library, University of Adelaide, Australia, 8 days ago
Job no:512035 Work type:Continuing - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Libraries, HEO6 (HE06) $82,879 - $89,525 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17% superannuation applies. Continuing...
Project Officer, Flinders University, Australia, 2 days ago
Position Details Fixed term until June 2026 | Part-Time at 0.6FTE Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270 - $81,966 p.a. pro-rata. Location: Bedford Park View Position Description About the End...