Curtin University is an Australian public research university. The Digital and Technology Services (DTS) team at Curtin University provide the enterprise digital platforms that support Curtin’s students and staff.
Join a small team of specialists in the cyber security and identity directorate, in Digital & Technology Solutions, Curtin University’s internal IT function.
About the Role
In this role you will deliver business-focused, high-quality security risk assessments, privacy impact assessments, contract reviews, cyber security advice and tailored security awareness programs and training. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and implement IT security advisory and awareness measures to treat IT security risks. By providing consulting services, advice, recommendations, and controls.
- Evaluate business requirements and processes and provide realistic IT security advice, expert opinion, support, mentoring and training that enhances the user experience and overall security maturity of services or SaaS solutions while minimising risk and addressing legal and compliance requirements.
- Review and provide expert advice on contracts and agreements, procurement and tendering proposals and processes, and providing security and/or risk assessments and advice to enhance the security maturity of the service.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Strong communication (verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills to liaise with stakeholders.
- Understanding of current technological trends (Remote working, IoT, Cloud/Serverless, AI/ML) in information security and awareness services, as well as knowledge of legislative requirements (Essential 8, SOCI) and industry best practices (ISO, CSA, NIST, OWASP).
- High-level conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyse and evaluate the impact of cyber security risk issues on organisational operations and initiate appropriate responses and recommendations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Flexible "can-do' attitude and approach, and desire to learn and improve.
- Organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and determine own work priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
You must be currently studying towards a degree at Curtin University in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science / Business or similar
This role amounts to $17,000 Tax-Free for an Undergraduate working full-time for 6 months.
Representative Sport Officer, Curtin University, Australia, 16 days ago
Your new role Commencing as soon as possible, an exciting opportunity is available for a Representative Sport Officer to join our Curtin Sport and Recreation department. This position assists wit...
Contracts And Commercial Officer, Curtin University, Australia, 12 days ago
Job Reference: 997068 Your new role Join a supportive, well-established team that provide contracts and commercial services to sources of Research Office activity. Gain exposure to a varied range ...
Operations Manager Trailblazer, Curtin University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Your new role We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our Commercialisation team and support our multi-million-dollar federal funded Trailblazer Program! In this r...
Technical Officer, Trades, Curtin University, Australia, 10 days ago
.Job reference: 997916 Faculty of Science and Engineering Curtin’s Faculty of Science and Engineering is a place where students and staff alike can apply their studies and research to real-world i...
Statistician, Curtin University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Job Reference: 1001368 Curtin Centre for Optimisation and Decision Science The Curtin Centre for Optimisation and Decision Science contains 17 full-time staff who specialise in optimisation, data ...
Identity And Access Management Analyst, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 12 days ago
Job no:512618 Work type:full time Location:Perth CBD Categories:Information Technology University IT Be part of establishing IAM governance at UWA Full-time, fixed term appointment for 12 months B...