- Part-time (0.8 FTE), Continuing
- Located at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- HEO7 – TRP $105,603 - $116,170 inclusive of 17% superannuation (Pro-Rata)
About the position
The Health, Wellbeing and Inclusion Division provides a range of strategic, service and program outcomes to the University across specialist counselling, inclusion, student behavioural support and wellbeing functions. This Division delivers high quality, consistent and equitable services to manage inclusion and reasonable adjustment and address the emotional, psychological and physical wellbeing needs of university students and staff.
Reporting to the Team Leader/Senior Counsellor, the Counsellor will provide high quality support services to students, including assessment, therapeutic counselling, crisis intervention, case coordination, and referral. They will facilitate the coordination of care and individual support for students experiencing significant psychosocial issues that are impacting on their personal and academic success.
The Health Wellbeing and Inclusion Division operates as a multi campus team, and as such, travel to other campuses may be required from time to time. The counsellor will also provide remote services to students from other campuses or who are studying online, as required.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- An undergraduate degree or post graduate qualification in any area relevant to the position (Psychology or Social Work) with at least 4 years subsequent experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Registration/membership with the relevant professional body, e.g., registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA), or membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) and experience, post-qualification, in assessment, evidence-based therapeutic interventions and case management, including working with complex client presentations and diverse client groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
- Experience working in a high-demand service and the capacity to be flexible in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to work autonomously as well as contributing effectively as a team member within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a large complex work environment, in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Highly developed organizational, time management and problem-solving skills and written and verbal communication skills including proven capacity in case recording and report writing.
- Knowledge of policy, reporting and legislative requirements associated with one’s discipline.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, Wednesday 14th December 2022
Position Enquiries: Kirsty Jungwirth via Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - HEO7 Counsellor (Bundoora).pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Workforce Planning Coordinator, RMIT University, Australia, 4 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Fixed Term position until October 2024 Salary Level HEW 7 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Role will require an on-campus presence (Melbourne CBD or Bund...
Workforce Planning Senior Coordinator, RMIT University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary Level HEW 8 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the City or Bundoora campus but may be required to work and/or be based ...
Associate Dean, Research & Innovation, RMIT University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Overview: Full-Time, Continuing Position Salary Academic Level D/E + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or be based...
Senior Advisor, Global Growth, CSIRO, Australia, 3 days ago
Join CSIRO and make the impossible possible! Grow significant international partnerships! Supportive, flexible hybrid work environment We are seeking three new Senior Advisors to join the ex...
Lecturer, Literacy, RMIT University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Overview: Full-Time, Ongoing Opportunity for a Lecturer in Literacy Salary Academic Level B + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Bundoora West campus but may be req...
Associate Director Defence Project, RMIT University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Overview: Full Time, Fixed Term until January 2025 Salary Level HEW 10A plus superannuation Based at either the Melbourne, Brunswick or Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or be based...