Apply now Job no:531983
Location:Melbourne - Burwood
Categories:Administration, Student Services
- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Full-time and continuing
- HEW 7 $94,173 - $103,694 + 17% Superannuation
The Coordinator, Future Student Engagement, is responsible for developing and implementing face to face and digital student recruitment strategies to reach prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students. In addition, the position leads and implements key student recruitment projects and activities to ensure the team can effectively promote Deakin courses and programs to prospective students.
The position will represent Deakin at face to face and digital future student events and provide excellent customer service and accurate information about courses, programs, and application processes.
The successful candidate supports the work of the entire team in the coordination and delivery of a broad range of future student engagement strategies, events, school visits and activities. In addition, the role is responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with a network of secondary school careers advisors and key internal stakeholders to understand business needs and deliver customer focused and effective services.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Act as a coach and work with team members to facilitate growth and development by giving balanced, constructive feedback considering individual capability and team performance
- Distil the core issues from complex information, draws accurate conclusions and condense complex information and next steps into simple, concise terms that others can understand
- Seek feedback on improvement opportunities from a diverse range of key stakeholders and implement change through appropriate channels, and overcomes obstacles to change
- Actively seek feedback from colleagues and stakeholders on things that are working well and areas for improvement
- Build new and productive relationships with a diverse range of potential students, stakeholders or key and influential individuals both inside and outside the University
- Develop and implement practical, accessible solutions based on stakeholder needs
- Strive for excellence and regularly consult with clients to clarify who requires the information, the purpose for which it is required, criteria for success and where and when advice and recommendation is required
- Communicate with confidence using examples and the most appropriate influencing technique for a given situation to increase understanding and support
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A Degree with at least 4 years subsequent relevant experience; or
- Extensive experience and management expertise in technical or administrative fields; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in marketing, communications, PR.
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: marketing, student recruitment, communications, account management, events or related areas.
- Experience project managing activities or programs of work to achieve key objectives.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including confidently addressing both large and small audiences.
- Experience managing a CRM system to track and report on account management programs and activities and advanced ability to use the wider Microsoft suite, including PowerPoint and spreadsheets.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Coordinator Future Student Engagement 531983.pdf
Applications for this position close on 4 December.
- Regular work outside business hours is required (e.g., work at evening or weekend events is required)
- Regular travel will be required within Victoria and occasionally interstate and to all Deakin campuses.
- Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check
Offers of employment from Deakin University are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can view a copy of the University’s COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure .
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Paul Newitt, Manager, Future Student Engagement at email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised:18 Nov 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:04 Dec 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Learning Designer, RMIT University, Australia, 8 days ago
Overview: Full Time, Continuing Position Salary Level HEW 7 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the CBD campus but may be required to work and/or be based at other camp...
International Student Officer, Victoria University, Australia, 11 days ago
Job Description This is a full-time position at a HEW 5, $71,012 - $81,568 classification plus 17% superannuation, working 36.75 hours per week over a fixed term contract period (if fixed term, 30...
Career Consultant, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Exciting role within our Employabilty Unit at Swinburne University Part time (0.4) fixed term role until December 2023 HEW 7 role + 17% superannuation, primarily based in Hawthorn (Multi-site loc...
International Student Administration Officer, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 10 days ago
Key student support role within Swinburne University Full time, ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus HEW 5 salary + 17% superannuation About the Role An opportunity for an International Student...
Prospective Student Officer (International), RMIT University, Australia, 1 day ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based...
Prospective Student Officer, RMIT University, Australia, 1 day ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary Level HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be ...