Job Reference: 997068
Your new role
Join a supportive, well-established team that provide contracts and commercial services to sources of Research Office activity. Gain exposure to a varied range of university research activities from project work through to commercial agreements and alliances.
This role is responsible for the development, review, negotiation and effective management of commercial contracts and supports the Team Lead in fostering and embedding a values-led culture that delivers high quality, efficient and strategically focussed commercial and contractual services.
In this role you will…
- Provide expert advice, support and guidance in relation to a broad range of contracts and commercial matters, to inform effective risk management and mitigation decisions within a commercial context.
- Draft, review and negotiate research and commercial consultancy contracts for the University using professional skill and diligence.
- Represent Curtin in external contract and commercial negotiations and discussions, including legal and commercial negotiations with partners and funders on strategic contracts and with strategic relationships.
- Contribute to positive culture and provide guidance to the group by being visible, role modelling and acting in accordance with Curtin’s values and signature behaviours.
- Take a lead role in the development of training and knowledge sharing documents to provide commercially supportive documents for stakeholders.
- Engage and collaborate with key internal university service providers.
- Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant area (law or commerce) and/or equivalent education and training.
- Demonstrated legal and commercial contract experience, with experience in contract development and management.
- Strong commercial acumen and a consistent record of successfully delivering business outcomes through organising, coordinating and working with employees and management across organisational boundaries.
- The ability to negotiate and influence a diverse range of partners who have competing interests in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to the implementation of best practice, continual improvement and client focused service delivery standards to deliver effective and efficient customer services.
- Experience working within a broad legal and commercial role or exposure to in-house commercial matters will be viewed favourably.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contactRichard Starkey, Contracts & Commercial Team Lead on 08 9266 1865.About us
The Contracts and Projects team provide research support services to assist in the delivery of Curtin’s research strategy for both researcher-driven and demand-driven research.
Administering over $125m of research income and progressing $200m+ in contracting per annum, the team work closely with legal services to deliver commercial, risk appropriate contracting frameworks. Forging strong partnerships within the University, industry and other external institutions, the team negotiates strategic and service agreements to build the universities research portfolio.
Additionally, our vibrant campus includes a gym, childcare, a medical centre, an art gallery, endless food options including a full-range grocer, beautiful gardens, end-of-trip facilities, good parking and excellent public transport connections.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Your application should include a cover letter and your CV to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
To view a copy of the Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Please note that the University uses working titles from time to time, this may result in discrepancies between titles referenced in our job advertisements and the supporting position descriptions. Should you be shortlisted for the position, this can be explained further in your interview.
Applications close: 9pm AWST, Sunday 27 November 2022
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a WA state government vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1).
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
Senior Housekeeper, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 12 days ago
UWA Perth Accommodation Part time (0.8 FTE), ongoing appointment Base salary range: Level 2 $56,631 – $58,490 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is r...
Senior Centre Operations Officer, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
$75,821 to $84,254 pa (HEW5) Plus 17% Super Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with the relevant work rights SENIOR CENTRE OPERATIONS OFFICER STRATEGIC AND GOVERNANCE SERVICES...
Student Advisers, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
$69,152 to $73,652 pa pro rata (HEW 4) 1 x Full-time Fixed-term (to 29 December 2023), and various Part-Time and Full-Time Casual Contracts Open to candidates with the relevant work rights STUDENT...
Finance Coordinator, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
$85,551 to $92,301 p.a. (HEW 6) Full-time, Fixed term (12 months), Mount Lawley campus Open to candidates with the relevant work rights Finance Coordinator Finance and Business Services Mout Lawle...
Clinical Skills And Simulation Clinical Lead (Open To Ecu Staff Only), Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
$122,934 to $128,562 pa (HEW 9) Ongoing. Full-time, Joondalup campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents OPEN TO ECU STAFF ONLY CLINICAL SKILLS AND SIMULAT...
Communications Coordinator, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 11 days ago
$85,551 - $92,301 PA (HEW 6) Fixed Term, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with the relevant work rights COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR BRAND AND MARKETING CORPORATE RELATIONS JOONDALUP C...