Apply now Job no:544870
Categories:Marketing and Communications
Explore our university's story through captivating content. Engaging videos, articles, and visuals spotlight our university as a Content Producer!
- Flexible location
- Full-time and continuing
- HEW 6 $85,588 - $92,428 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Content Producer is responsible for developing and delivering key content projects for Deakin’s Marketing Division to support major recruitment campaigns and initiatives, as well as the annual content calendar for Deakin’s Content Hub. A core role in the Brand and Marketing Communications team, the role ideates, develops and produces both emotive and rational content to build Deakin’s brand, drive student engagement and support growth. In addition, the Content Producer is responsible for the end-to-end process of producing the University’s suite of printed course guides and various other student recruitment assets, working with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers to ensure impactful and accurate collateral. Using a combination of best practice channel knowledge, as well as data and insights, this role plays an integral role in ensuring Deakin goes to market with the right types of content, on the right channels at the right time.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop, write, edit, produce and publish multimedia content including student or graduate stories, coverage of events, webinars etc. for a range of assets including website, social media and blogs.
- Draw on a diverse range of people, groups and resources to identify new or improved opportunities, processes and ways of doing things to enhance organisational strategy
- Investigate and probe for the facts and identify relevant solutions and selects the most appropriate from the range of alternatives
- Seek feedback from clients regarding their satisfaction and perspective with products or services received, respond to feedback with openness and transparency and seek to identify ways to serve the customer better
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A Degree with subsequent relevant experience; or
- Extensive experience and specialist knowledge or broad knowledge in technical or administrative fields
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training. (Marketing, Journalism, media, public relations, advertising)
- Experience in developing, reviewing and recommending improvements to impactful content to campaigns and marketing initiatives, including video, written audio and visual assets
- Experience working as a copywriter or multimedia content producer in a large organisation or digital agency
- Experience in ensuring best-practice channel specific creative application
- Experience in managing large content projects, working with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to balance priorities and resources
- Experience in the management of social media channels
- Experience using digital editing software (WordPress, InDesign), content management systems and adhering to style guides, tone of voice etc.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Content Producer.pdf
Applications for this position close on the 5th of September 11:55pm.
- Working with Childrens Check
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Erin Thornback (Social Media and Content Manager) on [email protected]
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Marketing And Communications Specialist, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 16 days ago
Marketing and Communications Specialist KGSB Office of the Dean - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (24001006) The University of Pittsburgh is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the Marketing and Commu...
Program Marketing Manager, Harvard University, United States, 22 days ago
The Program Marketing Manager is a marketing professional with experience in managing and executing integrated marketing campaigns to reach diverse, global audiences of learners. They effectively ...
Senior Social Media Editor, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 5 days ago
Te Rōpū Pāpori | Engagement Located in Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand Full-time 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE) Continuing (permanent) position Generous annual leave provisions and ...
Social Media Officer (F/M/D), Central European University, Hungary, about 5 hours ago
Position: Staff Location: Vienna Status: Full-time Unit: Communications, Marketing & Outreach Office E-mail: [email protected] Open for Employee Referral Application deadline: Open until filled St...
Creative Director, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 10 hours ago
Creative Director Admissions & Financial Aid - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (24001339) Strong design and organizational skills in Adobe Creative Cloud applications, the ability to prioritize multiple...
Student Assistant For Sector Plan Sustainable Global Economic Law Project, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
At Sustainable Global Economic Law, we believe that you can’t address climate change without also examining inequalities. We are a group of law researchers who focusing on financial systems, econo...