Campus Location:Brisbane, North Sydney, Melbourne
Functional Unit:Marketing and External Relations
Work Type:Continuing full time
Communications Officer (Mission)
Marketing and External Relations
- Create content for a range of publications and digital platforms to assist in strengthening the profile of the university's mission
- Write, edit and publish engaging content
- Continuing full time role that can be based in Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across nine campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield, Blacktown and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Within the Marketing and External Relations Directorate, the Communications and Creative Services team covers a range of areas. The Content and Creative Services teams ensure ACU's publications and marketing communications are on-brand, innovative and appealing to our target markets. The Media team helps boost public awareness and protect the reputation of the university. Internal and Student Communications supports ACU's organisational strategy and day-to-day operations, and the Events team manages a wide variety of events across all ACU campuses.
The Communications Officer (Mission) role will create content for a range of publications and digital platforms to assist in strengthening the profile of the university's mission and Catholic identity. The position holder will have excellent writing and proofing skills and advanced communication skills, and be familiar with the Catholic media environment in Australia. They will be expected to conduct interviews and write, edit and publish engaging content tailored to the requirements of the target audience and within the restrictions of the various platforms.
More specifically the role entails:
- Working with National Manager, Strategic Communications to build and maintain relationships with local and global Catholic media (online and print) – including CathNews, Eureka Street, Catholic News Agency and Crux Now.
- Proactively identifying potential opportunities to promote the university in the Catholic media and work with the National Manager, Strategic Communications – and wider content and digital platform staff – to leverage these opportunities effectively, ensuring that content is shared/repurposed for multiple channels and audiences.
- Coordinating collateral for promotion of programs for Catholic partner organisations – online and in print.
- Developing an annual plan and calendar for news, events and advertising/promotional opportunities relevant to Catholic media and communications.
You will need to have:
- Completion of a relevant undergraduate degree in the area of marketing, public communications, journalism with experience in public relations; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability to develop stories for free media coverage across a range of platforms and channels.
- A developed knowledge of the mission, teachings and practices of the Catholic faith, including an understanding of media in the Catholic context.
- Demonstrated ability to apply public relations or marketing theory into practice to create positive organisational outcomes.
The university pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description 10608248 Communications Officer (Mission) 08 July 2021 (1).pdf . Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply .
Total remuneration valued to $97,003 - $104,239 pa, including salary component $81,969 - $88,084pa (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
General enquiries can be sent to Jen Rosenberg at email@example.com or 0407 845 634 .
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is university policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 9 August 2021
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Advertised:22 Jul 2021 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:09 Aug 2021 E. Australia Standard Time
Marketing Communications Senior Officer (Science), University of Sydney, Australia, 25 days ago
Assist the marketing team to develop high quality marketing and communications projects and campaigns Located on the Camperdown Campus Full time, continuing role offering a base salary of $97K p.a...
University Marketing Communications Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, 12 days ago
Full time fixed term position until 11th October 2022 Utilise your marketing expertise to develop and execute marketing and communications initiatives across a range of university initiatives, por...
Ref 4192/21 Marketing Campaign Manager (International), Office Of The Pro Vice Chancellor, International, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Parramatta South Campus Remuneration Package: $120,879 to $134,189 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term position from 8 November 2021 until 19 January 2023 Work for a modern, forward-thinking, research-led ...
Senior Finance Manager Corporate Finance, University of Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
Opportunity for an experienced communications specialist to develop the marketing and communications campaigns/projects Located in Camperdown Campus Full time, Fixed Term until 28 January 2022 off...
Ref 4199/21 Manager, International Communications, Western Sydney International, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Parramatta South Campus Remuneration Package: $139,890 to $149,392 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term Position until 17 March 2023 Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-thinking, research-led uni...
Administrative Officer – Growing Minds Australia, University of Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
Full time fixed term employment, until 30 April 2026 Opportunity to utilise your exceptional administration skills on Growing Minds Australia, an exciting new child and youth mental health initiat...