Job Reference: 757346
We are looking for a passionate, proactive, and motivated content creator and social media specialist, technically capable in producing and publishing engaging content. You will join a dynamic and professional community, embodying innovation and collaboration within a high performing culture.
This fast paced role primarily supports the implementation of Binar Space Program engagement and outreach strategy, within the Space Science and Technology Centre at Curtin University. The role will also support some internal and external communications strategies by delivering and progressing captivating narratives in the community.
Exploring the origins and evolution of our solar system and conducting research fundamental to space exploration, The Space Science and Technology Centre is unique in combining blue sky science with engineering and industry engagement.
The Centre is the largest planetary science research group in the Southern Hemisphere, and the formal representative of the Australian planetary science community to NASA. SSTC researchers have science team membership on five current and six previous planetary missions, across NASA, JAXA, and ESA. SSTC engineers have developed deep-space qualified hardware that is currently on the surface of Mars and Titan. Working with industry partners we continue to translate blue-sky innovations into technologies that benefit all Australians.
The Space Science and Technology Centre believes it a priority to bring the excitement of blue-sky research to the public, drive a meaningful and informed dialogue with media and policy makers, innovate with industry and defence, and to inspire the next generation of students to pursue STEM subjects.
In this role you will
- Prepare communication and promotional materials (including researching, writing copy, sourcing and taking videos and photographs) for publishing through relevant digital channels (including website, social media platforms, e-newsletters).
- Use a variety of digital tools and media through the lens of space science and technology to:
- Craft a persuasive story arc when communicating complex ideas.
- Convey timely and relevant messages
- Capture the compelling moments
- Provide assistance in researching, developing and implementing digital communications strategies and digital marketing campaigns.
- Undertakes videography and video editing for use on digital platforms, including filming at various locations.
- Undertakes photography, photo editing and graphics production for digital platforms content, including marketing campaigns.
- Develop and encourage organic digital engagement with communities about the Space Science and Technology Centre’s Binar Space Program via relevant digital platforms.
- Conducts research and analysis to support and improve digital presence for the Space Science and Technology Centre’s Binar Space Program.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure messaging is authentic, consistent and compelling.
- Relevant degree in communications, public relations, marketing or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Digital media extraordinaire with experience in the use of social media and web content management systems.
- A flare for writing and communication, and the experience of producing clear, persuasive and opportune professional communication materials.
- Top-notch interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff across all levels of an organisation.
- Keenness to work in a vibrant team with dynamic projects and multiple stakeholders.
- Motivation and self-direction to organise time and work activities according to priorities and to meet deadlines.
- The knack of working effectively with others and independently.
- A growth mentality, agility and wiliness to try new ideas.
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
Why choose Curtin?
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities.
- A vibrant campus with gym, child care, wellness programs, medical and counselling services.
- Opportunity for ongoing career development.
- We are ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2020 and QS World University Rankings 2021)
For further information on working at Curtin and our employee benefits visit: https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
Curtin University requires you to provide a cover letter and resume to include sufficient information and examples to allow us to assess your suitability for the role.
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact the Curtin Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only candidates with Australian Work rights will be considered for this position.
Applications close: 10:00 PM AWST, Monday 19th July 2021
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Executive Director, International Centre For Radio Astronomy Research, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Job no:507021 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Science, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Executive Executive Director International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research Rare op...
Projects & Planning Manager, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 20 hours ago
$118,777 to $124,214 pa (HEW 9) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with the relevant working rights DIGITAL AND CAMPUS SERVICES $118,777 to $124,214 pa (HEW 9) ONGOING, FULL-T...
Manager, Asset Maintenance, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Job no:507633 Work type:full time Location:Perth CBD Categories:Campus / facilities management Campus Management Self-motivated, dynamic and innovative Manager which will play a pivotal in shaping...
Lecturer Chemical Engineering, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 20 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (Level B) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY LECTURER (LEVEL B) ...
Lecturer (Civil Engineering) Female Candidates Only, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 20 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (LEVEL B) Full-time (part-time considered), ongoing, Joondalup campus Open to candidates with either permanent residency or Australian citizenship. LECTURER (LEVEL B) IN CI...
Digital Media Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Job no:507461 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing Digital Media Officer Join a small, dynamic team of news professionals Full-time, ongoing appointment S...