Apply now Job no:508598
Work type:Full Time
Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
- A unique and exciting leadership opportunity to support the team pioneering world changing solutions in the ARC Centre of Excellence in Synthetic Biology
- Salary Package: Level 10, from $131,329 to $148,422 plus 17% employer’s Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time fixed-term appointment 3 years
The newly awarded ARC Centre of Excellence in Synthetic Biology (CoESB) is headquartered and administered at Macquarie University. This Centre has nodes at nine Australian Universities, has 19 Chief Investigators and 15 partner organisations located in Australia and throughout the world.
The ARC Centre of Excellence in Synthetic Biology (CoESB) will provide the technical innovation critical for Australia to develop a vibrant bioeconomy building on the nation’s strengths in agriculture. For thousands of years we have used microbes to create bread, wine, cheese. Now, our Centre will pioneer new approaches to the design of synthetic microbes, enabling the development of custom-designed microbial communities, synthetic organelles and new to nature biological pathways and enzymes. CoESB will combine engineering with molecular biology to design and construct novel biological systems that can convert biomass from agriculture or waste streams to biofuel, bioplastics and other high-value chemicals.
Reporting to the Director, ARC CoE in Synthetic Biology, the COO will play a central leadership role, and will be responsible for providing leadership and management for centre operations, governance, and reporting; ensuring that effective governance framework, control systems and procedures are in place.
The COO will also be playing a significant role in relationship management and industry engagement and in the positioning and recognition of the Centre as a world leader in Synthetic Biology. This role will be key in ensuring strategic alignment and operating synergies across all nodes, and partnerships, as well as ensuring that detailed ARC requirements are met. Strong leadership and coaching of a cohesive operational team to deliver on financial and ARC reporting and policy requirements, communications, marketing and outreach objectives will be required.
Learn more about the center’s people, vision and objective please visit the ARC CoE Website
You will be able to interpret and apply information to effectively develop policy and control systems and processes to aid decision makers. You will have the ability to strongly communicate, build and manage effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
You will be an experienced leader, bringing both your own expertise in managing complex operations and resources of a research center, but also the proven ability to harness the expertise of others including the ability to connect and provide direction for large; disparate teams is essential.
This is a unique opportunity, if you wish to be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- A track record of developing, implementing, adapting and or improving infrastructure, systems policies, and procedures that support a strategic operational plan.
- Proven and extensive experience in stakeholder management at all levels of an organisation, within and outside the University.
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and reporting on detailed multi-faceted data to track performance, inform decisions, and meet research requirements and centre objectives.
- Proven experience in strategic, operational, and business planning and management of operations, including infrastructure, budget, resources, regulatory compliance, and contract management,
- Experience in coaching, managing, and developing a diverse high performing team.
- Exceptional relationship management skills with the demonstrated ability to develop effective strategic and operational relationships with key stakeholders across Australia and internationally and interact, influence and negotiate at senior levels within and outside the University.
- Experience in a tertiary research environment or a research centre, including knowledge of national research organisations, and international funding organisations.
For further information, please refer to the position description Chief Operating Officer CoESB PD
Specific Role Enquiries: Distinguished Professor Ian Paulsen email@example.com
Applications Close: Thursday 3 December 2020, 11:59PM AEST
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion .
Advertised:12 Nov 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:03 Dec 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Ref 133/21, Project Officer, Centres Of Excellence, Institute For Culture And Society, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 6 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $96,761 to $103,754 p.a. Part-Time (0.4FTE), Fixed-Term Position for 3 Years Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. To...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Aboriginal Health Adelaide Rural Clinical School, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 24 hours ago
Job no:504898 Work type:Fixed term - Part-time Campus:Regional South Australia Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level B, Level C (Level B) $99,441 to $117,627 pro rata per annum or...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Career Pathways Mentor Adelaide Rural Clinical School, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 24 hours ago
Job no:504897 Work type:Fixed term - Part-time Campus:Regional South Australia Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level B, Level C (Level B) $99,441 to $117,627 pro rata per annum or...
H2 Seq Project Manager, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Apply now Job no:501078 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Research Administration support The Kirby Institute for Infection and Immunity in Society UNSW Medicine Play a key role ...
Executive Director Maridulu Budyari Gumal, Sydney Partnership For Health, Education, Research And Enterprise (Sphere), University of New South Wales, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500786 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW, Other location Categories:Professional Leadership SPHERE is a nationally unique coming-together of 14 leading organisations, a par...
Ref 129/21, Director, Rto, Western Sydney University The College, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Blacktown (Nirimba) Campus Attractive Senior Remuneration Package Full-Time, Fixed-Term Position for 5 Years Western Sydney University, The College, is a not-for-profit company, wholly-owned by We...