Your new role
The position is an opportunity for an outstanding leader to play a key role in transforming the health environment in regional, rural and remote Western Australia and Australia. The Chair will be crucial in driving the shape, development and success of the Alliance.
The WA Country Health Service and Curtin University’s Alliance is leading research innovation and workforce development that supports and nurtures healthy communities across WA Country Health Services. Our vision is to improve the health, wellness and experience of rural, remote and regional communities through collaborative partnerships that translate new discoveries and knowledge into practice. Its focus is on strengthening three pillars of activity across research, workforce development and innovation.
The position requires a strong advocate, who will focus on developing relationships and effective collaborations across the Alliance and with the broader research and innovation ecosystem and ensure high levels of engagement and commitment from partner organisations.
You will bring to the role
Leadership & Service
- Be a visible and dynamic leader and a credible individual who role models the principles of the partnership
- Builds strong effective relationships within the partner organisations and with the broader research and innovation ecosystem at all levels
- Establish, manage and implement a clear vision and strategy for the Alliance with defined outcome measures
- Achieve the objectives and outcome measures set by the Alliance Steering Committee and effectively chair the Alliance Operational Committee
- Manage the budget and present financial reports
- Create and pursue opportunities for diverse income sources to grow the work of the Alliance
- Ensure that the Alliance remains financially strong and operates in compliance with all regulations
- Ensure involvement of the Alliance in local, state, national and international initiatives and delivery of project outcomes
- Foster and develop capacity in innovations in the implementation of new knowledge in healthcare setting and preventative health strategies
- Develop a profile for the Alliance nationally and internationally for implementation of changes in regional, rural and remote health service that lead to improved health outcomes
- Undertake internationally competitive research in relevant discipline.
- Make a substantial impact in the discipline through the promulgation of ideas and creative works or through the application and exploitation of findings, discoveries or inventions.
- Highly regarded institution ranked globally in the top 1% of universities
- Easily accessible locations with great facilities
- State of the art offices and agile working environment.
- Wellness is part of our culture, and we encourage positive lifestyle choices through a range of activities and initiatives.
- A vibrant environment with gym, child care, wellness programs, and health services.
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with
- A PhD or Professional (Research) Doctorate in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a research-related organisation.
- An outstanding on-going record of publication in high quality peer-reviewed journals or outputs in creative outlets consistent with leadership in the chosen discipline.
- Proven evidence of a world-leading research record, established international reputation and profile, significant citation indices or equivalent esteem measures to address relevant challenges and a commitment to conducting on-going research in the discipline.
- An outstanding record of obtaining research income, including nationally and internationally competitive research grants and/or fellowships relevant to the discipline.
- Sound knowledge of rural and remote health issues and trends at a regional, state and/or national level and understanding the impact on health care delivery.
Curtin University requires you to provide a cover letter and resume to include sufficient information and examples to allow us to assess your suitability for the role.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued, welcome and that they belong.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all abilities, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable everyone to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Have become one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevate Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation (2018-2020).
- Voted 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019).
9pm AWST 6 December 2021
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our careers team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Associate Director, Development, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Job no:508314 Work type:full time Location:Perth CBD Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing, Policy and Planning Development and Alumni Relations Based in Perth, Australia Competitive salary an...
Manager, Engagement And Education (Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Job no:508658 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery An exciting, creative role leading the engagement and education program for...
Lecturer (Alevb) Law, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 15 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (ALEVB) Ongoing, Full Time, Joondalup Campus Open to applicants with the relevant working rights SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND LAW LAW DISCIPLINE $102,253 to $120,814 pa (ALEVB) O...
Director, Human Resources, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Job no:508898 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Human Resources, Executive The University of Western Australia Director, Human Resources The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ...
Librarian (Collection And Access Services), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 6 hours ago
UWA Library Part-time (0.75 FTE), ongoing appointment Salary range: Level 6 $83,005 - $87,723 (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top...
Senior Technician (Design & Manufacturing), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 3 days ago
Job no:508074 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Technical/Laboratory support Full-time, ongoing appointment Salary range: Level 6, $83,005 - $87,723 p.a. plus 17% superannuation The ...