Your new role
The position is an opportunity for an outstanding leader to play a key role in transforming the health environment in regional, rural and remote Western Australia and further afield. The Chair will be crucial in driving the shape, development and success of the new WA Country Health Service - Curtin University Alliance. The Alliance is leading research innovation and workforce development to support and nurture healthy communities across Country WA. Our vision is to improve the health, wellness and experience of rural, remote and regional communities through collaborative partnerships that translate new discoveries and knowledge into practice. Its focus is on strengthening three pillars of activity across research, workforce development and innovation.
The position requires a strong advocate for Country health, who will focus on developing relationships and effective collaborations across the Alliance and with the broader research and innovation ecosystem and ensure high levels of engagement and commitment from partner organisations.
You will bring to the role
Leadership & Service
- Be a visible and dynamic leader and a credible individual who role models the principles of the partnership.
- Builds strong effective relationships within the partner organisations and with the broader research and innovation ecosystem at all levels.
- Establishes, manages and implements a clear vision and strategy for the Alliance with defined outcome measures.
- Achieves the objectives and outcome measures set by the Alliance Steering Committee and effectively chairs the Alliance Operational Committee.
- Manages the budget and presents financial reports.
- Creates and pursues opportunities for diverse income sources to grow the work of the Alliance.
- Ensures that the Alliance remains financially strong and operates in compliance with all regulations.
- Ensures involvement of the Alliance in local, state, national and international initiatives and delivery of project outcomes.
- Fosters and develops capacity for innovation, including in the implementation of new knowledge in healthcare settings and preventative health strategies.
- Develops a profile for the Alliance nationally and internationally for implementation of changes in regional, rural and remote health services that lead to improved health outcomes.
- Undertake internationally competitive research in relevant discipline.
- Make a substantial impact in the discipline through the promulgation of ideas and creative works or through the application and exploitation of findings, discoveries or inventions.
- Highly regarded institution ranked globally in the top 1% of universities.
- Easily accessible locations with great facilities.
- State of the art offices and agile working environment.
- Wellness is part of our culture, and we encourage positive lifestyle choices through a range of activities and initiatives.
- A vibrant environment with gym, child care, wellness programs, and health services.
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with
- A PhD or Professional (Research) Doctorate in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a research-related organisation.
- An outstanding on-going record of publication in high quality peer-reviewed journals or outputs in creative outlets consistent with leadership in the chosen discipline.
- Proven evidence of a world-leading research record, established international reputation and profile, significant citation indices or equivalent esteem measures to address relevant challenges and a commitment to conducting on-going research in the discipline.
- An outstanding record of obtaining research income, including nationally and internationally competitive research grants and/or fellowships relevant to the discipline.
- Sound knowledge of rural and remote health issues and trends at a regional, state and/or national level and understanding the impact on health care delivery.
- Prior to appointment, the recommended applicant/s will need to have a current criminal record check in accordance with the University's National Police Certificate Assessment Procedures.
Candidates should note that Curtin University has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Procedures which covers all staff, students, campuses and activities, effective 21 February 2022.
If you are invited to attend the next stage of assessments, you may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status, including your booster if eligible (or formally granted exemption) upon arrival, and if you are offered a role at Curtin, you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination or exemption status prior to commencing employment.
Curtin University requires you to provide a cover letter and resume to include sufficient information and examples to allow us to assess your suitability for the role.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Or contact our advising consultants at Boyden – see contact details below.
Applications should be submitted to Boyden at the email address below.
Applications close: Monday 27 June 2022
If you have any queries in relation to the requirements of this role please contact our advising consultants at Boyden:
Alun Parry, Managing Partner
Elaine Dolan, Senior Associate
+61 2 9225 7400
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued, welcome and that they belong.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all abilities, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable everyone to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Have become one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevate Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation (2018-2020).
- Voted 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019).
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Software Research Engineer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Job no:509177 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology, Technical/Laboratory support International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) Full-time appointment o...
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 13 hours ago
The University of Western Australia is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an envi...
Research Associate, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 22 days ago
School of Physics, Mathematics and Computing Use your strong practical and research background to positively impact the data-science industry Two years fixed term full time role, with possibility ...
Research Associate, Social Psychology, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 22 days ago
School of Psychological Science An opportunity to join an exciting international and interdisciplinary research project as a post-doctoral researcher in social psychology, based in the School of P...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer, Early Childhood Studies, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 7 days ago
$102,253-$120,814 (ALEVB) pa or $124,522 - $143,081 (ALEVC) pa Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup and Mount Lawley Campus SCHOOL OF EDUCATION JOONDALUP & MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUSES $102,253-$120,814 (Level ...
Research Associate (Social Psychology), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Job no:509844 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Health and Medical Sciences, Social Sciences School of Psychological Science An opportunity to join an exciting international and inte...