Expression of Interest: Vocational Education Teacher – Civil Construction Industry
- The School of Vocational Engineering, Health and Sciences
- Opportunity to go Fixed Term
- Great CBD Location
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Vocational Engineering, Health and Sciences offers a diverse range of certificate, diploma and sub-bachelor programs.
The Role & Your Responsibilities
The School is looking to recruit energetic, motivated candidates as sessional teachers. If you have a desire to share your industry expertise with the next generation of construction workers and have the following capabilities, we would welcome contact with you to discuss employment options with you. The opportunity to go Fixed term may be available for the right candidate moving forward.
The successful applicant must have at a minimum:
- Five years relevant work experience and be highly competent in the civil construction industry
- Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE)
- Current Certificate III in Civil Construction (RII30915 - General Stream)
- Hold a current drivers’ licence and Working with Children Check
- A current Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision or Operations would be advantageous.
The following skills and experience are required to being successful in this role:
- Capability and capacity to deliver high quality training as part of the learning experience
- Have an extensive knowledge of competency-based training as it relates to the civil construction industry.
- A thorough understanding of apprenticeship and trainee delivery requirements
- Understand the ASQA, AQTF, and RTO guidelines and audit compliance requirements.
In this role you will need to have a positive attitude and the desire to learn and grow with the industry. In return, you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team and benefit from a high level of job flexibility.
To apply please provide:
- Cover letter outlining your experience and suitability to the role
- Current CV.
Applications close: Friday the 23rd of August 2019 at 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time.
Appointment is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
Advertised:23 Jul 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:25 Aug 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Pro Vice Chancellor Education (Global), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 30 minutes ago
New senior strategic role within Pathways and Vocational Education (PAVE) Full time, fixed term position at our Hawthorn campus Attractive salary plus performance bonus About the Job Swinburne Uni...
Vce Year 12 English Teacher, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 1 day ago
Join Swinburne’s VCAL team Casual position at our Croydon and Wantirna campus $76.78 - $79.79 per hour + 12% superannuation About the Job Swinburne VCE Connect are looking for a casual VCE English...
Coordinator Nursing Werribee, Victoria University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Portfolio: VICTORIA UNIVERSITY POLYTECHNIC Work unit/function: HEALTH HUMAN SERVICES AND EDUCATION Classification: Vocational Senior Educator 1 Employment type: fixed-term P&C Recruiter: Petersen,...
Casual Electrical Teacher, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 21 minutes ago
Join Swinburne’s Trades & Engineering Technologies team Casual, $76.78 - $79.79 per hour Wantirna location Are you an electrician looking for a role where you can make a real difference in the liv...
Senior Consultant, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 25 minutes ago
Bring your extensive B2B knowledge to a globally ranked university Full time, ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus HEW 10: $121,833 + 17% superannuation About the Job We are seeking a Senior Co...
Senior Lecturer, Manufacturing Engineering, La Trobe University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Senior Lecturer, Manufacturing Engineering Teaching and Research Position Female applicants are encouraged to apply Full time, continuing role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus $116,152 - $...