Work type: Casual
Min. working hours per week: Approx. 5 hours per week, plus marking
Start date: Monday 27th February 2023
End date: Saturday 24th June 2023
Salary range: To be determined based on skills and experience
Casual Lecturers within the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences are important members of the school’s teaching program. You will prepare and conduct lectures, labs, consult with students, undertake assessment, marking and attend meetings as required by the course coordinator.
We are looking for the casual lecturers/facilitators for the following subjects in semester 1 – 2023 (starting from 27 February 2023):
- CSE3BDC-2023-SEMESTER 1(OL) - BIG DATA MANAGEMENT ON THE CLOUD
- CSE5NSW-2023-Term3(OL) - NETWORKS, SYSTEMS AND WEB SECURITY
- Conduct lectures to the standard of the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Science, including lecture preparation.
- Conduct labs to the standard of the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Science. This may include preparing a brief lesson plan in line with the weekly topic and facilitating informed group discussions relating to the lecture and weekly readings.
- Consultation with students.
- Attendance at meetings as required by the Subject and Course Coordinators.
- Keep accurate attendance record in line with University Policy.
- Marking assignments and exams.
- PhD with teaching experience in relevant postgraduate subjects and Master with teaching experience in relevant undergraduate subjects.
- Candidate must have knowledge and understanding of the subject-matter.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and facilitate informed group discussion and facilitate skills development and practice.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage one’s own time effectively, administer multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to commit to a minimum number of work
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday 5th February 2023
Position Enquiries: Dr Lydia Cui via email mailto:L.Cui@latrobe.edu.au
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing your suitability for the role with reference to the attributes and experience detailed above.
Scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
Lecturer Public Health, Victoria University, Australia, 15 days ago
Job Description Lecturer – Public Health Academic B, $101,598 - $120,647 per annum, plus 17% employer superannuation contributions. This is a full time (36.75 hours per week) teaching and researc...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer, Sport Management, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Seeking an experienced Lecturer or Senior Lecturer of Sport Management Full time position, based at our Hawthorn campus Academic level B or C ($102,733 - $144,302) plus 17% Super About the Role We...
Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer – Process Design And Optimisation, Monash University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer – Process Design and Optimisation Job No.: 646702 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: Continuing appointment Remuneration: $131,453 - ...
He Teaching Sessional 13237784479 2 [Prime Sci! Synchrotron Educator], Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Casual Academic Opportunities Trusted Victorian science education partner – PrimeSCI! Located primarily at the ANTSO Australian Synchrotron in Clayton About the Role Swinburne’s Domestic Student R...
He Teaching Sessional 13237784464 Prime Sci! 1 [Prime Sci! Science Educator], Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Casual Academic Opportunities Trusted Victorian science education partner – PrimeSCI! About the Role Swinburne’s Domestic Student Recruitment team is looking for suitably qualified scientists, tea...
Casual Ve Teacher Education Support & Languages, RMIT University, Australia, 3 days ago
Overview: Casual VE Sessional Teacher – Education and Language Casual Sessional, commencing March 2023 Teaching within the College of Vocational Education; Social Care & Health group Flexible hour...