Work type:Fixed term - Full-time
Categories:Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology
Call for Expressions of Interest – Multiple Academic and Engineering roles with Defence Trailblazer
Are you an emerging or established Academic or Engineer with a track record in high-quality research projects? We are seeking expressions of interest from people who are interested in working on cutting-edge projects in collaboration with Defence and defence industry.
About the Defence Trailblazer
The Defence Trailblazer for Concept to Sovereign Capability is a $250 million enterprise powered by the University of Adelaide and the University of New South Wales, with funding from the Australian Government through the Trailblazer Universities Program as well as university and industry partners.
The Defence Trailblazer will:
- Fast-track world-leading research in partnership with Defence industry partners to meet Defence capability needs
- Transform the way universities and academics work with industry
- Drive job-ready skills of the future, ensuring both research and development activities and education qualifications are aligned to industry need
- Increase research impact by encouraging the translation and commercialisation of university research towards Australia’s Defence National Manufacturing Priority.
We are seeking individuals with:
- Suitable and relevant qualifications, with PhDs strongly regarded, and experience related to our research themes including:
- Quantum physics, computation, engineering systems, optics, communication, lasers and quantum electronics, and related quantum fields
- Hypersonics propulsion and aerothermodynamics, aerospace engineering, turbulent flows, computational fluid dynamics and related hypersonics field
- Cyber security, electronic warfare, mis-, dis- and mal-information, knowledge representation and reasoning for IW and cyber security, and other related IW and cyber security fields
- Robotics and automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, image processing, control engineering and control systems and related fields
- Aerospace engineering, systems engineering, astrodynamics and space situational awareness, AI for space, astronomical and space instrumentation, satellite and space vehicle design, satellite communications, signal processing and related fields.
- A drive to accelerate research and development (R&D) commercialisation in partnership with industry
- A strong track record of high-quality R&D and/or experience providing engineering support to technology development projects in industry or academia
- The ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team, including with industry partners, often with limited direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to tailor communication skills when interacting with students, researchers, professional staff, and external stakeholders
- Australian citizenship, permanent residency or working rights, and the ability to obtain an Australian government security clearance. Citizens from Five Eyes countries (Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States) or the EU will also be considered.
Academic and professional staff working in the Defence Trailblazer can expect:
- A variety of short-term and long-term employment contract options
- The benefits of working in one of Australia’s two leading Defence universities
- The opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams of industry and university staff working together to solve complex Defence problems and deliver commercialisable technologies
- For academic staff, the ability to undertake academic research projects alongside Trailblazer projects, to supervise funded PhD candidates, and to benefit from new academic incentives and rewards to enable close industry collaborations and recognise successful outcomes.
The Defence Trailblazer is a partnership between the University of Adelaide and the University of New South Wales. We will be filling a variety of roles located in Adelaide, Canberra and Sydney.
Register your interest:
If you are an outstanding academic or engineer, passionate about commercialisation, and actively seeking to enhance your research and professional experience, then we would love to hear from you. Submit a brief covering letter and your CV now via the online application form.
We will be reviewing expressions of interest as we receive them and encourage interested parties to submit as soon as possible.
Get in Touch:
For a confidential conversation please reach out.
Samantha Connor, Talent Acquisition Specialist, University of Adelaide
Software Engineer (Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, 12 month fixed term contract Salary Range: $84,539 - $92,941per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Role The Software Engineer will ...
Technical Officer, Flinders University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Position Details Fixed term until March 2024| Part-Time at 0.5 FTE Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270- $81,966 p.a. Location: Bedford Park & Rural and Remote Health. View Position Descript...
Program Manager, University of Sydney, Australia, 12 days ago
Fantastic strategic opportunity within an Australia-leading research commercialisation hub Entrepreneurial environment within the structures of the University of Sydney Contribute to world-positiv...
Commercialisation Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, 16 days ago
Fantastic opportunity to join one of the University’s high-performing teams in DVC Research Full-time, continuing position Base Salary $100,032 to $108,979 + 17% Superannuation About the opportuni...
Technical Officer (Heo 4), University of South Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Open to Australian Aboriginal Peoples and UniSA employees only Full-time, fixed term 6-month contract, based at the City West campus Salary Range: $67,739 - $76,139 pro rate per annum (plus 17% su...
Administration And Diversity Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Full-time, fixed term until 28th June 2024 Exciting opportunity to provide administrational support and advocate diversity and inclusion for the Sydney Quantum Academy (SQA) Base Salary $91,644 - ...