Work type:full time
- Work within a leading edge BI cloud technology environment, with flexible working from home arrangements available
- Full-time, ongoing appointment
- Salary range: Level 7 $90.862.00 – $100,814.00 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
UWA is making significant investments in the Information and Technology Services to enable its strategic direction and goals. UWA is also looking to utilise technology advancements to expand its services and create new and innovative teaching and research models.
Robust, flexible, integrated and agile enterprise architecture, information and technology services are vital to enabling the university strategic objectives.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will work independently and closely with the Business Intelligence Designers, Database Administrators (DBAs) and end users of the data in order to satisfy the needs for quality and accurate reporting information. You will collaborate closely with the Business Intelligence Design team to convert the concept data required into a meaningful delivery of valued information to the users.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent competency
- Substantial relevant computing and technical experience with planning, designing and implementing business intelligence reporting systems
- Demonstrated experience in working with business users to define reporting requirements in a complex systems environment
- Demonstrated experience with developing new or enhancing existing standards, processes, procedures and guidelines in business intelligence / data analytics environments
- Demonstrated experience with ETL tools to design, extract and transformation rules
- Demonstrated understanding of the IT industry trends and their application in the higher education sector, and in particular related to the management of data and information
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with influence, establish positive stakeholder relationships at all levels of the university, and negotiate competing priorities whilst always remaining fully customer focused
- Ability to review, analyse and identify improvement opportunities
- Ability to plan and deliver when faced with complex situations and change
- Working knowledge of the Higher Education sector is desirable
You should ideally be a self-starter, work productively within a team environment, as well as independently. You should also have highly developed organisational skills with an ability to set priorities and meet strict deadlines.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description - Business Intelligence Data Architect 507698.rtf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55pm on Sunday 3 October 2021
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised:20 Sep 2021 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:03 Oct 2021 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Software Developer (Django) Automated Fish Id, Curtin University, Australia, 2 days ago
Job reference: 819017 Automated Fish ID The Curtin Institute for Computation has been awarded a grant, as part of a consortium, to further develop the Automated Fish ID (AFID) digital assistant. ...
Senior Lecturer (Lead Technology & Innovation), Discipline Of Medicine, Curtin University, Australia, 2 days ago
Job Reference: 818666 Curtin Medical School Established in 2017, the Curtin Medical School, which is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences, brings together multidisciplinary teaching and research...
Assessment Curriculum Coordinator (Medicine), Curtin University, Australia, 2 days ago
Job Reference: 839119 Curtin Medical School Established in 2017, the Curtin Medical School, which is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences, brings together multidisciplinary teaching and research...
Administrative Officer/Advancement Officer, Curtin University, Australia, 7 days ago
Job Reference: 817244 About us We are a global institution committed to excellence in research, education and community engagement. While government funding and competitive research grants enable ...
Senior Health & Safety Advisor, Curtin University, Australia, about 24 hours ago
Job Reference: 811437 About Us Health and Safety Department Curtin University’s team of health and safety professionals provide advice and assistance in the implementation of the University’s proc...
Crc Project Manager, Curtin University, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Job reference: 842318 About us Whether we’re developing new mining technologies or exploring the origins of the universe, strong academic and industry partnerships lie at the heart of all our rese...