Apply now Job no:508312
Work type:Part Time
Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy
- A unique opportunity for a specialised Business Development Manager for the newly awarded ARC Centre of Excellence Synthetic Biology.
- Salary Package is negotiable and commensurate with level of expertise and skills
- Appointment Type: Part-time 1 day per week, fixed term appointment 3 years
We are seeking an experienced and specialised Business Development Manager (BDM) with a background in Synthetic Biology who will be responsible for strategic consultation with partners in the local and international community, government and private organisations; with the aim of securing opportunities for growth and sustainable biological solutions for industry.
The role requires development of strategic engagement and communication plans, coupled with an understanding of the workings of a large and complex research centre and associated contractual collaboration requirements. Excellent skills in stakeholder management and networking, that leverage your well-established presence and connection to the Synthetic Biology community, is critical to the success of this position.
The newly awarded ARC Centre of Excellence in Synthetic Biology (CoESB) is administered by Macquarie University (the hub) and has 9 nodes at Australian Universities consisting of 19 Chief Investigators and 15 partner organisations located in Australia and throughout the world.
The ARC Centre of Excellence in Synthetic Biology (CoESB) will provide the technical innovation critical for Australia to develop a vibrant bioeconomy building on the nation’s strengths in agriculture. For thousands of years we have used microbes to create bread, wine, cheese. Now, our Centre will pioneer new approaches to the design of synthetic microbes, enabling the development of custom-designed microbial communities, synthetic organelles and new to nature biological pathways and enzymes. CoESB will combine engineering with molecular biology to design and construct novel biological systems that can convert biomass from agriculture or waste streams to biofuel, bioplastics and other high-value chemicals.
Learn more about the Centre's people, vision and objective please visit the ARC CoE Website
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate document responding to the selection criteria below:
- Postgraduate Degree in synthetic biology or molecular science or closely related field, a background in synthetic biology or molecular sciences research and laboratory work and/or significant years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in development of strategic engagement plans, and strategic consultation with biotechnology partners to identify industry needs, emergent trends and opportunities for growth and collaborative research at local and international level.
- A track record of successfully initiating, developing and managing strategic relationships with philanthropic, government and private organisations that have built strategic alliances, investments, awareness of SynBio, and sustainable biotech solutions to industry.
- Demonstrated experience of assisting investigators in translation of research into impact and commercialisation potential, including assisting researchers with connections for legal advice, business services, financing and strategic partners to support the development of start-up companies or bringing new biomanufactured products to market.
- Experience in leveraging existing connections in the SynBio community and a well-developed Synthetic Bio network to successfully secure domestic and international industry and University partners in joint research collaborations.
- Experience presenting, and representing a research centre at roundtables, forums, stakeholder meetings, and other strategic internal and external committees.
Enquiries: Estelle D'cruz HR Consultant email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday 2nd December 2020 11:55pm
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion .
Advertised:25 Nov 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:02 Dec 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Ref 133/21, Project Officer, Centres Of Excellence, Institute For Culture And Society, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $96,761 to $103,754 p.a. Part-Time (0.4FTE), Fixed-Term Position for 3 Years Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. To...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Aboriginal Health Adelaide Rural Clinical School, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 17 hours ago
Job no:504898 Work type:Fixed term - Part-time Campus:Regional South Australia Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level B, Level C (Level B) $99,441 to $117,627 pro rata per annum or...
Executive Director Maridulu Budyari Gumal, Sydney Partnership For Health, Education, Research And Enterprise (Sphere), University of New South Wales, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500786 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW, Other location Categories:Professional Leadership SPHERE is a nationally unique coming-together of 14 leading organisations, a par...
H2 Seq Project Manager, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 17 hours ago
Apply now Job no:501078 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Research Administration support The Kirby Institute for Infection and Immunity in Society UNSW Medicine Play a key role ...
International Development Coordinator, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500868 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Administration At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. UNSW i...
Ref 129/21, Director, Rto, Western Sydney University The College, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Blacktown (Nirimba) Campus Attractive Senior Remuneration Package Full-Time, Fixed-Term Position for 5 Years Western Sydney University, The College, is a not-for-profit company, wholly-owned by We...