- $50.3860 per hour (HEW 5)
- Casual, Mount Lawley Campus
- Open to candidates with relevant work rights
ECU SOCIAL AGEING (SAGE) FUTURES LAB
THE SCHOOL OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUS
$50.3860 per hour (HEW 5)
CASUAL, FIXED TERM.
The Social Ageing (SAGE) Futures Lab which sits within ECU’s School of Arts and Humanities and delivers a ‘social care’ approach to ageing across the life-course. Our vision is to promote the development of collaborative communities of care that extend people’s support networks at every age, with a particular emphasis on culture, diversity and inclusion.
Within the SAGE Lab, these Research Assistant positions will be part of a team on the MRFF-funded “Befriending with GENIE” clinical trial research study, which aims to improve the quality of life of people living with dementia and their caregivers from culturally and linguistically diverse communities using the BEFRIENDING with GENIE intervention, which comprises a program of visits and an online social engagement tool. These positions will be required for approximately 3-12 hours a week inclusive of weekend work. The initial period is for six months with possibility of extension.
You will assist the project team with administering the intervention, including visiting people living with dementia and their caregivers who are living in the community, data collection using both quantitative and qualitative measures, and data transcription. You will be required to have excellent culturally appropriate communication and language skills in one or more of the following cultural and language groups: Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), Hindi/Tamil, Italian, or Vietnamese. Strong collaboration with any of these communities in Perth, and prior experience in working with older people with dementia will be an advantage for these positions. Formal training on the intervention and mentorship will be provided to the successful applicants prior to starting the program.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the research team with administering the intervention, including visiting people living with dementia and their caregivers.
- Conduct participant recruitment from one of the language groups described above.
- Data collection using both quantitative and qualitative (interviews) measures, and data transcription.
- Collecting social networking information using computer software.
- Assist with communication of project outcomes.
- Administrative support for project activities, including organising meetings and preparation and collation of documents.
- Undertake training and mentoring.
- Other duties as directed.
We are ideally seeking the following experience:
1. Completion of, or enrolment in, a health-related degree OR equivalent level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training or professional accreditation (e.g., Arts, nursing; occupational therapy; psychology; public health; social science, social work).
2. Fluency in at least one of the following languages: Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), Hindi/Tamil, Italian, or Vietnamese.
3. Excellent verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Demonstrated capacity to work independently, or as part of a team, to complete tasks.
5. Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office suite including MS Teams.
6. Western Australian C Class driver’s license and access to own vehicle.
7. Availability to work after hours.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry Personal Excellence and Courage.
Benefits & Remuneration
This casual position attracts remuneration of $50.3860 per hour (HEW 5 - casual) plus the standard Superannuation Guarantee Contribution rate.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities Overview.
Interested applicants are welcome to email Dr Manonita Ghosh at [email protected] for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement addressing the seven (7) Selection Criteria listed in the advert above.
For position description click here
Applications close on Tuesday, 5 December 2023 at 11:30pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Description Opens in new window
Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow Dementia Centre Of Excellence, Curtin University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job reference: 1069154 About us Enable Institute The Enable Institute is a new collaborative venture focussed on conducting research which uses a whole of life (from maternity to palliative care),...
Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow Dementia Prevention, Curtin University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job reference: 1069153 Enable Institute The Enable Institute is a new collaborative venture focussed on conducting research which uses a whole of life (from maternity to palliative care), and whol...
Post Doctoral Research Fellow, School Of Medical And Health Sciences, EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 6 days ago
22 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY Research Field Medical sciences Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Establishe...
Research Fellow, Curtin University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job Reference: 1163141 About The Role: An exciting opportunity is available for a Level A and/or Level B academic with strong econometrics, data science, analytical, and statistical modelling skil...
Research Assistant, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 11 days ago
Level 5, part-time (0.5FTE) appointment on a fixed term basis for 4 years Base salary range: $76,422 – $84,705 p.a. plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amon...
Postdoc, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 7 days ago
Job no:516625 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Engineering and Mathematical Sciences Join one of the world’s leading offshore geotechnical research groups to develop the next genera...