Job Reference: 1020543
Digital & Technology Solutions (DTS)
Curtin is building one of the most exciting digital transformations across Australia today. We are building a revolutionary digital services data centre powered by Amazon Web Services, revamping our approach to identity management and designing a roadmap of ground-breaking innovations that will transform our digital experiences for our students and staff.
We are looking for top talent who are excited about the power of digital, and want to be part of an exciting transformation project while participating in our industry-leading team development program called ElevateU.
If you enjoy technology, transformation, continual innovation and change then the Digital & Technology Solutions team at Curtin is for you!
Your new role
The AV System Administrator (Systems Administrator) is a technical specialist that belongs to one of the DTS Campus Support teams that are responsible for ensuring that the University’s Audio-Visual Infrastructure (AV), Information and Communication Technology infrastructure (ICT), servers, storage, directories, applications, managed workstations, and related services meeting the University community’s service expectations. This role provides technical guidance and administration, ensuring high availability and reliability of centrally managed infrastructure and services.
You will be a member of a small, dedicated team with an opportunity to carve out your niche. The Audio-Visual department is developing its new platforms and standards throughout 2023 and this is your opportunity to be a part of this exciting technical transformation.
From time to time the incumbent may be required to move between different teams to be responsive to workload fluctuations.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Configuration of Audio-Visual equipment, collate data and update relevant systems.
- Provide tier 3 support to a highly functional support team, acting as an escalation point for tier 1 and 2 support.
- Engineer, commission, manage and support a range of Audio-Visual devices across a wide range of AV manufacturers, AMX, Extron, Crestron etc.
- Liaise with stakeholders to determine needs and outcomes. Develop project artifacts and budgets. Manage project communications and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Coordinate activities related to assigned projects, using appropriate project management methodology and systems, to achieve the defined project outcomes.
- Perform the role of key stakeholder (AV Systems) on large capitol works projects
- Extensive knowledge and experience in administering and maintaining Audio Visual Systems, or in the execution of large commercial construction and/or commercial construction project management within the AV/ICT vertical.
- Proven experience designing, installing, commissioning, and supporting complex AV systems in a corporate environment.
- High level organisational skills and project management experience, dealing with multiple projects and competing tasks.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Well-developed communication (verbal, written) and interpersonal skills
- A proven track record in, and personal commitment to, achieving the highest levels of client focus, along with proven ability to interact professionally with clients.
As this is a continuing (permanent) role, you will require permanent work rights in Australia to be considered.Only in limited situations will visa sponsorship situations be considered
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Nicholas McBride, Manager, Audio-Visual Services on 08 9266 1712.
Our vibrant campus includes a gym, childcare, a medical centre, an art gallery, endless food options including a full-range grocer, beautiful gardens, end-of-trip facilities, good parking, and excellent public transport connections.
For more information on our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Your application should include:
- Your CV
- A Cover Letter providing an overview of your experience in line with the requirements of this role
To view a copy of the Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close: 9PM AWST, Friday 3rd February 2023
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a WA state government vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1).
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
Audio Visual Specialist, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Job no:513896 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology Be part of a dynamic AV support team working with a variety of technologies Base salary range: $84,665 – $89,47...
Senior Collaboration Analyst, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 13 days ago
$106,877 to $120,376 pa (HEW8) Ongoing. Full-time, Joondalup campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents SENIOR COLLABORATION ANALYST DIGITAL AND CAMPUS SER...
Manager (It Service Management), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Job no:514099 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology University IT A unique opportunity to drive strategic outcomes through ServiceNow ownership Member of a highly ...
Icrar Independent Member And Chair Of Finance And Audit Committee, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Job no:513985 Work type:part time, full time Location:Crawley Categories:Architecture / Landscape and Visual Arts, Arts, Business, Education, Law, Science, Indigenous Studies, Health and Medical S...
Manager, Solutions, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Job no:514031 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology University IT An exciting opportunity to lead an application development team making a real impact to UWA Resea...
Engagement Officer (Mining Regions), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 6 days ago
Job no:513924 Work type:part time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support, Community Engagement/Marketing The Cooperative Research Centre for Transformations in Mining Econo...