Apply now Job no:539026
Categories:Management, Information Technology, Technical
- Flexible location
- Full-time and continuing
- HEW 9 $122,771 - $130,125 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Audio Visual (AV) Services Team Leader ensures seamless delivery and management of audio-visual services across the campuses, including pivotal support for a broad range of university events. AV technology plays a central role in enhancing our education delivery, facilitating effective communication, and ensuring the success of our diverse events portfolio. We seek an experienced professional to lead the AV Support and Engineering teams, whose expertise in routine and event-specific AV applications is crucial to maintaining high service standards and avoiding disruptions.
This leadership role encompasses managing audio-visual equipment installation, maintenance, and support in various settings, from lecture halls and conference rooms to complex event venues. The AV Services Team Leader plays a critical role in ensuring that the AV Support and Engineering teams are adequately trained, motivated, and equipped to provide high-quality, event-ready service. They serve as the pivotal point of contact and escalation for internal and external stakeholders, resolving complex issues related to audio-visual services. By bringing on board a proficient AV Services Team Leader, the university aims to foster a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration, and innovation, enhancing service delivery and user satisfaction, and ensuring the successful execution of university events.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the quality of installation, configuration and maintenance of audio-visual hardware, operating systems and software including updates, patches and security patches to operating systems, software and firmware
- Ensuring audio-visual software and hardware facilities are operating at optimum levels, and any failures are corrected, including troubleshooting, diagnosing and remedy of faults
- Developing and implementing technology roadmaps and standards, alongside planning and executing upgrades to the audio-visual infrastructure, ensuring a secure, available, and progressive audio-visual platform.
- Promoting teamwork and providing tailored coaching to enable individuals to deliver high quality solutions and the achievement of goals
- Recognising and rewarding performance and behaviours that contribute to the delivery of results and high-quality outcomes that meet the needs of a diverse range of stakeholders
- Analysing problems, weigh up a range of options to identify accessible and inclusive solutions and translate complex issues into clear and understandable goals and targets for Deakin
- Establishing systems and procedures to guide work and track progress and strive for excellence and continually evaluate progress and effectively overcomes barriers to achieve outcomes
- Determining cost of people, materials, negotiates resources and other program aspects
- Leading and coordinating AV support for a diverse range of university events, ensuring the successful execution and quality audio-visual experience.
- Act as a coach and work with team members to facilitate growth and development by giving balanced, constructive feedback considering individual capability and team performance, in alignment with Deakin’s code of conduct and core university strategies and policies that promote a safe, sustainable and productive working environment.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training (Audio-Visual technology, Electronics, Communications, or related discipline)
- Audio-Visual Certified Technology Specialist or equivalent industry certification.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, including performance management, resource management and technical leadership, to deliver high quality services across a large complex organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of audio-visual equipment and operating systems and the associated protocols and standards.
- Proven management of audio-visual technologies in an enterprise environment, with extensive experience troubleshooting complex platforms.
- Demonstrated experience applying policies, standards and processes for audio-visual services.
- Contributing to overall group management including strategy development and process improvement.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. *Desirable
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies, showcasing ability to effectively manage projects and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. *Desirable
- Experience in a higher education institution and the AV/Events industry *Desirable
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Audio Visual Services Team Leader 539026.pdf
Applications for this position close on Sunday 4 June.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Infrequent work outside business hours is required (e.g., work at evening or weekend events is required)
- Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Greg Cavenagh (Manager, Audio Visual and Network) on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised:22 May 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:04 Jun 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
*Av Specialist I, University of Oklahoma, United States, about 15 hours ago
*AV Specialist I - Job Number: 232462 Organization : IT Administration Job Location : Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-Health Sciences Center Schedule : Full-time Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8-5 Work Type: Onsit...
Production Manager, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 16 hours ago
Production Manager Involvement & Student Unions - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23007071) Maintains, installs, and provides technical support for video, audio, and control systems across University c...
äldre Universitetslektor I Energiteknik / Senior University Lecturer In Energy Technology, Åbo Akademi University, Finland, 15 days ago
6 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Åbo Akademi University Department %division_faculty% Research Field Technology » Energy technology Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Co...
It Assistant A Av Loan Services, McGill University, Canada, 23 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Notice Of Filing, Ave Maria University, United States, 2 days ago
NOTICE OF THE FILING OF A LABOR CONDITION APPLICATION WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR An H–1B visa nonimmigrant is being sought by Ave Maria University. Ave Maria University is seeking One (1) such n...
Institutional Advancement Content Research Writer, Ave Maria University, United States, about 8 hours ago
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Ave Maria University’s Marketing and Communications (UMC) team seeks applications for a writer to join our team in conceptualizing, writing, and editing compelling content for our...