4 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Leading Researcher (R4)
- Application Deadline
31 May 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Job No.: 641059
Location: 553 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
Employment Type: Part-time, fraction (0.3) - Full-time (1.0)
Duration: 3-year fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: Pro-rata of $158,284 - $174,373 pa Level D (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
At Monash , work feels different. There’s a sense of belonging, from contributing to something groundbreaking – a place where great things happen.
We value difference and diversity , and welcome and celebrate everyone's contributions, lived experience and expertise. That’s why we champion an inclusive and respectful workplace culture where everyone is supported to succeed.
Together with our commitment to academic freedom , you will have access to quality research facilities, infrastructure, world class teaching spaces, and international collaboration opportunities.
Learn more about Monash .
Department of Psychiatry, Central Clinical School, is based at Level 4, 607 St Kilda Road and is headed by Professor Jayashri Kulkarni (AM). The Department comprises clinical research, teaching and education, and administration personnel, as well as HDR and Honours students.
The Department is well known for its innovative and cutting-edge clinical research in Women’s Mental Health, translating basic science into new treatments for serious mental illness. The Department also has satellite sites at Cabrini Hospital in Malvern and at Peninsula Medical School.
This position provides academic and research leadership within the department and the incumbent will be expected to lead their own research program which should generate competitive research grants and funding, publications in peer reviewed journals and presentation of outcomes at national and international conferences and meetings. The position will also supervise postgraduate and higher degree research students.
In addition, the position will provide active support to the Head of Department, including representation at committees and in other forums associated with the Departments strategic goals.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for:
- The conduct of independent research in which the academic may work as part of a team and the production of conference and seminar papers and publications from that research
- Supervision of research-support and administrative staff
- A major role in all aspects of major research projects including management and/or leadership of large research projects or teams
- Supervision of the research of less senior research-only Academic staff
- Promotion of research links with outside bodies
- Preparation of research proposal submissions to external bodies
- Responsibility for the oversight of financial management of grants
- Involvement in professional activities including, subject to availability of funds, attendance at conferences and seminars in the field of expertise
- Occasional contributions to the teaching program within the field of the staff member's research
- Supervision of major honours or postgraduate research projects
- Higher level research-related administrative functions
- Some involvement in the development of research policy
- Attendance at meetings associated with research or the work of the organisational unit to which the research is connected and/or departmental, school and/or faculty meetings and a major role in planning and committee work
The candidate will have a current registration with the Australian Medical Board and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists or a related Specialist College, as well as a doctoral qualification and/or recognised significant experience in the relevant discipline area.
If you believe you can fulfil these requirements, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
Diversity is one of our greatest strengths at Monash. We encourage applications from First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and people of all genders, sexualities, and age groups.
Join the pursuit of our purpose to build a better future for ourselves and our communities – #ChangeIt with us.
Monash avidly supports flexible and hybrid working arrangements. We have a range of policies in place enabling staff to combine work and personal commitments more easily .
The successful applicant will need to possess a current valid Police Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs ".
Professor Jayashri Kulkarni, Director - Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre, +61 3 9076 6924
Associate Professor (Research) and Deputy Head of Department, Psychiatry
Wednesday 31 May 2023, 11:55pm AEST
At Monash University, the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, students and visitors is our top priority. In accordance with the Pandemic Orders issued by the Victorian Government Health Minister, we require all staff working or placed in healthcare facilities to be fully vaccinated (boosted) against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine in order to attend these locations.
For the latest information on COVID-19 at Monash, please visit our website .
- Number of offers available
- MONASH UNIVERSITY
- Postal Code
Where to apply
Finance Business Partner, Monash University, Australia, 2 days ago
Finance Business Partner Job No.: 655961 Location: 553 St Kilda Road, Melbourne Employment Type: Full-time Duration: Continuing appointment Remuneration: $100,173 - $109,871 pa HEW Level 07 (plus ...
Administrative Officer, Monash University, Australia, 13 days ago
Administrative Officer Job No.: 655636 Location: Monash Rural Health Churchill Employment Type: Part-time, fraction (0.6) Duration: Continuing appointment Remuneration: Pro-rata of $78,255 - $89,8...
Project Officer (The Alliance Trial), Monash University, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Project Officer (the ALLIANCE Trial) Job No.: 656093 Location: 553 St Kilda Road, Melbourne Employment Type: Part-time, fraction (0.8) Duration: 12-month fixed-term appointment Remuneration: Pro-r...
Graduate Research Programs Officer, Monash University, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Graduate Research Programs Officer Job No.: 656246 Location: Monash Medical Centre Employment Type: Full-time Duration: Fixed-term appointment from 1 November 2023 to 31 December 2024 Remuneration...
Postgraduate Research Programs Officer, Monash University, Australia, 7 days ago
Postgraduate Research Programs Officer Job No.: 656246 Location: Monash Medical Centre Employment Type: Full-time Duration: Fixed-term appointment from 1 November 2023 to 31 December 2024 Remunera...
Senior Lecturer – Process Design And Optimisation, Monash University, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Senior Lecturer – Process Design and Optimisation Job No.: 646702 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: Continuing appointment Remuneration: $136,711 - $157,637 pa Level C ...