Job Reference: 883327
Curtin’s School of Nursing is the longest established school of nursing in the Australian university sector. From the time it opened 47 years ago, the school has been a key part of the University’s drive to be a leader in health sciences education and research. The school delivers a range of undergraduate courses in nursing, oral health therapy and paramedicine; and specialist postgraduate courses in areas ranging from diabetes and critical care, to child health and midwifery.
The position of Associate Professor of Oral Health Therapy is to provide leadership in teaching, practice and research within the discipline of Oral Health Therapy within the School of Nursing in the Faculty of Health Sciences. The incumbent will lead and co-design and implement innovative curriculum in oral heath therapy and make major contributions to scholarly activity and research of national or international standing. The incumbent is expected to provide effective leadership in the oral health discipline/profession via the embedded Discipline Lead and Course Coordinator roles.
In this role you will
- Provide leadership for academic staff within the discipline, including input into academic performance and career planning and mentoring in respect of career development and promotions.
- Foster positive collegial relationships, both within and outside the academic discipline.
- Promote, monitor and maintain high academic standards within the discipline with respect to the conduct of education, research and scholarship.
- Facilitate growth in research capacity and activity within the academic discipline, in line with the overall research strategy of the University.
- Contribute to the strategic development of leaning and teaching, research and innovation, engagement and impact, and global impact within the discipline and, more broadly, the School.
- Participate in the leadership and management of the University more broadly, by acting as a representative for the academic discipline on School, Faculty and University committees, task forces and working parties, as required.
- Advocate for and on behalf of the academic discipline to the Head of School and PVC as required, including with respect to the allocation of resources to the discipline.
- Lead and oversee the design, development, approval, implementation, evaluation and direction setting for the course across all campuses in consultation with the Director Learning and Teaching and Discipline lead/s.
- Oversee enquiries and applications for admission to the course.
- Provide leadership, effective oversight and reporting of academic integrity and student evaluation of the course and units.
- Oversee and manage course quality, course approval and continuous improvement processes, as part of course reviews, assurance of academic standards, external referencing and, where relevant, professional accreditation.
- Provide support for students on matters that relate to their learning experience and progress in the course.
- Communicate with and support the course teaching team/s on matters related to the design and delivery of the course, and with staff at relevant Curtin campuses, on different modes of delivery and third parties.
- Communicate effectively across locations with students, alumni, employers and relevant professional, industry and community bodies.
- Support the promotion of the course and liaise with relevant professional, industry, and community bodies to promote the work of the School, Faculty and University.
- Curtin continues to be a leader in reconciliation in the Higher Education sector, being one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevate RAP - the highest level within Reconciliation Australia’s Workplace RAP Framework.
- The University has recently been named as one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia (DCA)
- A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with
- A doctoral qualification in relevant discipline.
- Registered with AHPRA (or the equivalent Australian health professional regulatory authority).
- A demonstrated record of achievement in and commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated achievement in the discipline/field through the scholarly development and delivery of high quality educational courses.
- An established record of highly productive research outputs with regular publication in high quality refereed academic journals, or outputs in other creative outlets, consistent with an international reputation in the field.
- A significant record of obtaining research income, including nationally competitive research grants and/or fellowships.
- Demonstrated academic leadership experience in the discipline/profession and in community engagement.
- Significant experience and record of providing supervision to higher degree research students.
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to foster the development of a collegial and supportive working environment and the ability to interact with students and staff with cross cultural sensitivity.
- Prior to appointment, the recommended applicant/s will need to have a current criminal record check in accordance with the University's National Police Certificate Assessment Procedures.
Candidates should note that Curtin University has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Procedures which covers all staff, students, campuses and activities, effective 21 February 2022.
If you are invited to attend the next stage of assessments, you may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status, including your booster if eligible (or formally granted exemption) upon arrival, and if you are offered a role at Curtin, you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination or exemption status prior to commencing employment.
Please apply on-line with a cover letter addressing the specific selection criteria and resume to enable us to assess your suitability for the role.
Applications close: 10pm AWST Wednesday 18th May 2022
If you have any queries in relation to the requirements of this role please contact:
Tracey Moroney – Head of School, Curtin School of Nursing on email@example.com
Inclusion and Diversity at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Have become one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation (2018-2022).
- Voted 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019).
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer, Early Childhood Studies, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 6 days ago
$102,253-$120,814 (ALEVB) pa or $124,522 - $143,081 (ALEVC) pa Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup and Mount Lawley Campus SCHOOL OF EDUCATION JOONDALUP & MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUSES $102,253-$120,814 (Level ...
Research Associate, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 21 days ago
School of Physics, Mathematics and Computing Use your strong practical and research background to positively impact the data-science industry Two years fixed term full time role, with possibility ...
Eoi Lecturer (Civil Engineering) Female Candidates Only, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
$72,650 to $97,389 pa (LEVEL A) or $102,253 to $120,814 pa (LEVEL B) Ongoing, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with the relevant work rights Expression of Interest LECTURER (LEVEL A/B) IN CIVIL...
Lecturer, Electronics/Communication Engineering, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 17 days ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (LEVEL B) Fixed Term, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with the relevant work rights LECTURER (LEVEL B) IN ELECTRONICS/COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING SCHOOL OF ENG...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer, Secondary D&T, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 (ALEVB) or $124,522 to $143,081 (ALEVC) Ongoing, Full-Time, Joondalup, Mount Lawley & South West Campus LECTURER/ SENIOR LECTURER – DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY (AND DIGITAL TECHNOLO...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer, Secondary Hpe, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 (ALEVB) or $124,522 to $143,081 (ALEVC) Ongoing, Full-Time, Joondalup, Mount Lawley & South West Campus LECTURER / SENIOR LECTURER – SECONDARY HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION (H...