17 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
30 May 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- $155,857 - $171,532 (ALD) per annum plus 17% superannuation
- Continuing (permanent) full-time position
- Leadership opportunities in teaching/research/industry collaboration
Job Reference: 1064758
School of Management and Marketing
The School of Management and Marketing (SoMM) develops globally-minded, career-capable graduates, advancing responsible, evidence-based business through innovation in education, research and engagement. Located in the Bentley campus of Curtin University, we have close collaborations with each of Curtin’s global campuses in the United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Mauritius and Malaysia.
With a clear focus on learner employability, SoMM has a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate offerings in International Business, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Tourism Hospitality and Events, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Human Resources Management and Business Information Systems. We are also home to leading research entities including the Future of Work Institute, the John Curtin Institute of Public Policy, the Tourism Research Cluster, the Consumer Research Lab, the Blockchain Research and Development Lab and the National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education (NCSEHE).
Our links with leading industry groups offer students and staff a range of work experiences and research opportunities including internships, Executive Education, Academic Study Programmes and business consultancies.
SoMM is closely connected with other Schools at Curtin with extensive opportunities for research and teaching collaboration in fields such as sustainability, corporate social responsibility, energy, entrepreneurship, mining and engineering and health service provision.
Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Strategy & International Business (IESIB)
The position is located within SoMM’s IESIB discipline with a focus on developing responsible and innovative global leaders for contemporary and future job markets. IESIB researchers and teachers examine strategic and operational challenges and opportunities faced by multinational corporations, small and medium-sized enterprises, and innovative start-ups. A multi-cultural discipline with extensive industry networks, IESIB has a strong track record of researcher-led and demand-driven research in innovation, entrepreneurship, strategy, and international business.
Your new role
This role is located at our vibrant Bentley campus in Perth and working closely with our global campuses in Mauritius, Dubai, Singapore and Miri. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching, research and engagement in innovation, entrepreneurship and/or strategy and related disciplines. You will be expected to embrace leadership opportunities e.g., Discipline Lead, Course Lead and research collaborations with industry partners. You will also design and deliver both undergraduate and graduate teaching (MBA) with opportunities for Executive Education (national and international). As a mid-career/senior Academic you will also undertake supervision of Higher Degree by Research (PhD/DBA) students. This exciting career opportunity is particularly suited to mid to senior career academics looking to expand their research, teaching and industry achievements and collaborations and undertake leadership opportunities.
- Design and deliver high-quality courses in innovation, entrepreneurship, strategy, and related disciplines for undergraduate, postgraduate, MBA and Executive Education learners.
- Provide academic guidance and support to students, including advising on career pathways.
- Mentor early career academics.
- Secure external funding (research council and/or industry) to support high-quality research initiatives and industry collaborations.
- Maintain a strong track record of high-quality research outputs including publication in top-tier journals, conference presentations and industry engagement.
- Identify and lead opportunities for demand-driven research and engage with industry partners, policymakers, and other stakeholders to understand their research needs.
- Undertake key leadership positions within the School of Management and Marketing/Faculty where appropriate, including Discipline Lead, Course Lead, Committee Chair etc.
You will have a strong track record of high-quality curriculum design and delivery including learning and teaching across multiple platforms and particularly in MBA and Executive Education. With experience of collegial leadership in the academic community, you will work with colleagues in the IESIB Discipline, mentoring junior academics and collaborating with senior colleagues to enhance the School’s national and international profile.
As this is a continuing (permanent) role, you will require permanent work rights in Australia. Only in limited situations will visa sponsorship be considered.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Professor Fran Ackermann, Discipline Lead – Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Strategy, School of Management and Marketing at Fran.Ackermann@curtin.edu.au .
Curtin University is one of the world’s top 200 universities in the 2023 QS World University Rankings. We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a collegial and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements and superannuation, flexible working arrangements, and salary-packaging. Just a short drive from Perth city centre, our vibrant campus includes an art gallery, gym, childcare and medical centre, and endless food options including a supermarket.
Western Australia and Perth have a broad range of entertainment opportunities for families and individuals with year-round cultural and sporting events. A family-friendly living environment with excellent transport facilities and little traffic congestion, residents and visitors can enjoy beautiful beaches, vibrant hills communities and world-class education for children. Perth International Airport has regular flights to major cities throughout Asia, e.g. Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Please provide a cover letter, your CV and a separate document addressing the selection criteria (noted below) to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
- A doctoral qualification in relevant field such as Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, International Business or related disciplines.
- A strong track record of securing research income, including competitive research grants and/or fellowships and industry funding.
- Demonstrated achievement in leadership roles in either teaching/research and/or engagement with industry.
- Demonstrated expertise in undergraduate and postgraduate/MBA education.
- Strong track record in delivering high quality learning experiences across multiple platforms e.g., face-to-face, blended, online.
- Strong track record in HDR/DBA supervision – i.e., timely completions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness to undertake leadership roles in teaching, research and/or industry collaboration.
- Demonstrated commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures, and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of the position.
Applications close: 10 PM Australian Western Standard Time (AWST), Tuesday 30th May 2023.
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, and undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1) or CurtinCareers@curtin.edu.au quoting the Job Reference.
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
- Number of offers available
- CURTIN UNIVERSITY
Where to apply
Research Associate, Curtin University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Job Reference: 10744 Your new role The WA School of Mines within Curtin University has an exciting opportunity for two Research Associates to join the team, working on various projects and underta...
Associate Professor, Curtin University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Job Reference: 1047470 Science & Engineering The incumbent is expected to exhibit exceptional performance and strong leadership skills as the manager of the Gold Technology Group and the leader of...
Administrative Officer, Curtin University, Australia, 6 days ago
Job Reference: 1121862 The Centre for Crop and Disease Management The Centre for Crop and Disease Management (CCDM) at Curtin University works closely with the grains industry to reduce the burden...
Lecturer, Curtin University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Job Reference: 1113702 Curtin Law School/Faculty of Business and Law Curtin is Western Australia’s largest university. Our vision is that by working in partnership, we will make a difference for p...
Project Coordinator, Research Transformation, Curtin University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Job Reference: 1121874 Trailblazer Program at Curtin The Curtin led Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Trailblazer is a multi-million-dollar federally funded Program to develop a research ...
Aus Src Senior Project Scientist, Curtin University, Australia, 2 days ago
AusSRC Senior Project Scientist The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy is seeking to appoint the Senior Project Scientist for the Australian SKA Regional Centre. Continuing contract, full time (p...