Apply now Job no:515193
Work type:full time
- 3-Year Fixed Term, Full-time (35 hr/week) appointment.
- $163K – 179K base (plus 17% superannuation, leave loading)
- Based at UNSW Kensington campus, NSW Australia.
The National Perinatal Epidemiology & Statistics Unit (NPESU) was established in 1979 and continues to be a leading source of statistical and epidemiological research in reproductive medicine, pregnancy, childbirth, and the health and care of newborns.
The NPESU is a joint unit of the Centre for Big Data Research in Health (CBDRH), and the School of Clinical Medicine at the University of New South Wales, Sydney (UNSW). This places the NPESU at the perfect intersection between clinical and public health research, and cutting-edge expertise in managing and analysing large-scale complex health data.
Why this role matters:
This is a unique opportunity to support the NPESU Director in driving the NPESUs program of internationally recognised perinatal epidemiological research, including leading their own program of outstanding perinatal epidemiological research aligned with their interests, expertise and strategic opportunities. The role will also manage senior research staff and assist with Data Custodial duties associated with Clinical Quality Registries and linked data resources managed by the NPESU.
Who you are:
- A PhD in a related discipline, and/or relevant work experience.
- Significant track record in research leadership with outcomes of high quality and high international impact with clear evidence of the desire and ability to continually achieve research excellence and deliver research leadership.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and research excellence in one or more subfields of perinatal epidemiology that are complementary to the research strengths and capabilities of the NPESU, UNSW Centre for Big Data Research in Health.
- Track record in reproductive health epidemiology, and/or in establishing and managing large, linked data sets based on administrative datasets, highly advantageous.
- Ability and expertise to assist the Director in undertaking Data Custodian functions for the NPESU Clinical Quality Registries, including knowledge of data governance and management of sensitive health data.
- Established record of substantial research income, including as a grant application leader.
- Proven negotiation skills and ability to influence at the highest level.
- Demonstrated leadership in building engagement and partnerships with government, professional organisations, industry, and consumers.
- Excellent record of recruiting and supervising high calibre research students.
- Demonstrated experience in formal teaching at an undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Experience of implementing educational technologies and online delivery methods.
Why work with us: benefits and culture
UNSW offer a competitive salary and access to UNSW benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Additional 3 days of leave over the Christmas Period
- Access to lifelong learning and career development
- Progressive HR practices
- Discounts and entitlements
To apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to Skills and Experience nominated in the Position Description via the APPLY button.
Contact for role specific questions:
Prof Georgina Chambers - Director of the National Perinatal Epidemiology and Statistics Unit
Applications close: Monday 17th April 2023 at 11.55pm AEDST
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised:21 Mar 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:17 Apr 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer In Astrophysics, University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia, about 8 hours ago
Applications are invited for a full-time, convertible tenure-track (i.e. the position will be made continuing subject to performance) Lecturer or Senior Lecturer Position in Astrophysics at UNSW S...
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate School Of Biomedical Sciences, UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES, Australia, 7 days ago
27 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES Research Field Biological sciences Medical sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researc...
Nexus Fellow, Nexus Program School Of Health Sciences, UNSW Sydney, Australia, 20 days ago
17 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNSW Sydney Research Field Biological sciences Medical sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country A...
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate School Of Biomedical Sciences, UNSW, Australia, 8 days ago
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (Haematopoietic stem cell biology/Leukaemia) About UNSW: UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and...
Education Focused Academic School Of Risk And Actuarial Studies, UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES, Australia, 7 days ago
27 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES Research Field Philosophy Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country A...
Vendor Management Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, 3 days ago
Full time, 12-month fixed term, with flexible work arrangements Exciting opportunity for an experienced Vendor Management Officer to join the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) C...