- Full time, Continuing
- Teaching and Research
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level D / Mentor and Coach Junior Colleagues
About the Position
This position is located in the Department of Engineering, part of the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences. The school has three departments: Computer Science and Information Technology, Engineering, and Mathematical and Physical Sciences on both Melbourne (Bundoora) and Bendigo campuses. The school hosts three Research Centres: the Centre for Technology Infusion (CTI), the CISCO Latrobe Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things, and the Centre for Materials and Surface Science, and one Research Node: the Cybersecurity Innovation Node. The school has a reputation for innovative course design, the maintenance of a supportive student-centred learning environment and an outstanding research profile. The school offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous, attuned to emerging trends and taught by staff at the forefront of their fields.
The Department of Engineering has a total of 22 staff and around 600 undergraduate and postgraduate students located across our Melbourne (Bundoora) and Bendigo campuses. The Engineering discipline at La Trobe continues to expand and revitalise its programs with an innovative curriculum that incorporates strong industry engagement. The department leads various industry sponsored multi-disciplinary research projects with national and international linkages.
Skills and Experience
- Develop, teach and coordinate subjects and courses that engage and motivate students whilst providing a high quality learning experience.
- Lead the development, design and review of curriculum and/or programs of study.
- Proven ability to encourage intellectual development and career aspirations of students.
- Make a leading/national contribution to scholarship of learning and teaching and disciplinary teaching pedagogy and research.
- Conduct and lead outstanding innovative and high impact research and produce conference and seminar papers and publications arising from the research.
- Completion of a PhD in construction and engineering management or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday 5th February, 2023
Position Enquiries: Professor & Head, Department of Engineering Hossam Aboel Naga Email: H.AboEl-Naga@latrobe.edu.au ,
Phone 03 9479 1181
Recruitment Enquiries: Vicki Stavrou, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner via email firstname.lastname@example.org ,
Phone 03 9479 5191
Position Description below:
PD-Assoc Prof Construction Management-Teaching-and-Research.pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Agriculture Manager, University of Melbourne, Australia, 6 days ago
Job no: 0054378 Location: Mildura Role type: Full time; Fixed-term for 12 months Faculty: Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology Department/School: Department of Infrastructure Engineer...
Deputy Director Of Medical Student Education, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Job no: 0051175 Location: Shepparton (This role cannot be performed remotely) Role type: Part time (0.3 - 0.4 FTE); Continuing Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences Departmen...
Associate Lecturer, Rural Mental Health Education, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Job no: 0056025 Location: Wangaratta Role type: Full time/Part time (0.5 FTE) - one full time role or two part-time roles available; Fixed-term until 31 December 2023 Faculty: Faculty of Medicine,...
Lecturer, Psychology, RMIT University, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Overview: Part-Time or Full-Time, Ongoing position for Lecturer in Psychology Salary Level Academic B + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Bundoora campus, but may b...
Technical Officer Medical Devices, RMIT University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Overview: Full-time, Fixed Term position until 30/04/2025 Salary Level HEW 6 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Support operations of the ‘Discovery to Device’ facility to...
Adoption Officer (Drought Resilience, Adoption And Innovation In Agriculture), University of Melbourne, Australia, 7 days ago
Job no: 0058812 Location: Mildura Role type: Part time; Fixed-term until 28 June 2024 Faculty: Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology Department/School: Department of Infrastructure Eng...