Job Reference: 725160
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – AUDIOLOGY
Curtin School of Allied Health
Curtin’s School of Allied Health offers professionally recognised courses in Exercise and Sport Science, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Social Work, and Speech Pathology. The School also has a dynamic research program that reflects priorities of the disciplines plus an interprofessional approach. The School is actively involved in the establishment of the Curtin enAble Institute. The Institute is a new collaborative venture focussed on conducting research which uses a whole of life (from maternity to palliative care), and whole of person (body, mind and place) approach to meet the physical and mental health needs of people of all levels of ability and age, to help them stay well and in their communities and to live personally meaningful and enriching lives.
This is an exciting new position designed to enhance the University and Faculty of Health Sciences’ commitment to Audiology.
In this role you will:
- Develop the research profile in audiology ear health
- Contribute to learning and teaching with a focus on research in ear health
- Developing research partnerships in collaboration
- Participate in course and curriculum development
- Participating as part of the Enable research Institute
- Play an integral role in the establishment and development of Curtin’s future plans and ambitions in ear and hearing (Audiology) research, education and practice with the school of Allied Health and Faculty of Health Sciences
- Undertake learning and teaching with a focus on research in ear health.
- Participate in the delivery of research led educational programs.
- Design and plan learning activities, units and/or courses that reflect a command of the field and is founded on research-based pedagogical practices
- Critically evaluate teaching, learning and assessment practice using advanced skills in ongoing evaluation of teaching and learning, reflective practice and peer review.
- Provide leadership in moderation and unit and course assessment planning and delivery.
- Obtain external grants to facilitate the development and enhancement of teaching and learning activities.
- Engagement and contribution at the national level in professional development and scholarship in teaching and learning including presentations at national and international conferences.
- Provide an outstanding contribution to scholarship in teaching and learning through
- an established and ongoing record of peer reviewed publications in the highest quality educational journals.
- Enhance the student experience through the development of graduate capabilities with particular focus on graduate reputation and industry engagement Contribution to
- educational policy development at state and/or national levels.
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities!
- State of the art offices located on a vibrant campus with gym, childcare, wellness programs, medical and counselling services!
- Curtin continues to be a leader in reconciliation in the Higher Education sector, being one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevate RAP.
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with…
- PhD in relevant field of audiology
- Background experience with high level research
- The successful applicant will demonstrate experience in conducting clinical and translational research in ear and hearing health, including experience in leading research teams.
- Proven leadership in research, both within and across groups in academia and/or industry.
- An established record of highly productive research outputs with regular publication in high quality peer-reviewed journals, or outputs in other creative outlets.
- Evidence of an established international reputation and profile, significant citation indices, and a dedication to conducting ongoing research.
- A strong background in providing leadership and mentorship to academic staff in relation to their professional development.
- Demonstrated high-level communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a supportive working environment and to demonstrate cross cultural sensitivity.
Please apply on-line with a cover letter and resume to enable us to assess your suitability for the role. If you require reasonable accessibility to participate in the recruitment process please advise in your cover letter.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into you’re your browser:
Applications close: 10.00pm AWST Thursday 22nd July 2021
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our careers team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and seek to build an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and encouraged. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Executive Director, International Centre For Radio Astronomy Research, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Job no:507021 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Science, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Executive Executive Director International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research Rare op...
Professor Psychology, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 26 days ago
$191,335 (LEVEL E) pa Ongoing, Full Time, Joondalup Campus Open to applicants with the relevant working rights SCHOOL OF ARTS & HUMANITES $191,335 (LEVEL E) pa ONGOING, FULL-TIME, JOONDALUP CAMPUS...
Professor Psychology, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
$191,335 (LEVEL E) pa Ongoing, Full Time, Joondalup Campus Open to applicants with the relevant working rights SCHOOL OF ARTS & HUMANITIES $191,335 (LEVEL E) pa ONGOING, FULL-TIME, JOONDALUP CAMPU...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Midwifery), Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (ALEVB) OR $124,522 to $143,081 pa (ALEVC) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with the relevant working rights SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY JOONDALU...
Projects & Planning Manager, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
$118,777 to $124,214 pa (HEW 9) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with the relevant working rights DIGITAL AND CAMPUS SERVICES $118,777 to $124,214 pa (HEW 9) ONGOING, FULL-T...
Lecturer (Nursing), Edith Cowan University, Australia, 4 days ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (Level B) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights LECTURER (NURSING) SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY $102,253 to $120,814 PA (ALEV...