5 Dec 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
3 Jan 2024 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Full-time, 2 year Early Career Development Fellowship
- Salary Academic Level A ($73,923 - $100,269) or Level B ($105,549 - $125,341) + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
About the Role
The Early Career Development Fellowship (ECDF) is either an Associate Lecturer or Lecturer-level position. The ECDF is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the School, in disciplines related to their field of expertise, and will develop their profile as a well-rounded teaching and research academic.
Regarding research, the ECDF is expected to progress their research with high-quality publications. The ECDF should work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics, including on writing papers, pursuing grants and through co-supervision of research students.
Regarding teaching, the ECDF is responsible for carrying out teaching activities within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs and for maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. The ECDF is also expected to actively promote the programs by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities.
To be successful for level A appointment, you will have (but not limited to):
- Provide evidence of casual teaching/tutoring for an Australian University within the past three years and have not been employed on a continuing basis at an Australian University.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and teach programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Evidence of research output including publications, conference contributions and/or technical reports in the field.
In addition to the above, to be successful for level B appointment, you will have (but not limited to):
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative in teaching, including online or blended delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or course materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination roles.
- An emerging track record with evidence of international recognition for quality research outputs that contribute to the Disciplines and Schools research in the form of publications, the development of new research initiatives and\or industry links.
- Experience in the supervise higher degree by research candidates.
Please view position descriptions for further key selection criteria
Mandatory: PhD or equivalent in relevant field.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About the School
The School of Computing Technologies is a centre for digital innovation, world class research, and education in STEM via streamlined collaboration across relevant disciplines.
The School is led by the Dean, School of Computing Technologies, and has three disciplines:
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Systems and Security
Our PhD students and faculty conduct world leading research in many areas of Computing and Computing applications, including in:
- Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing
- Search and Recommendation
- Data Science, Machine Learning, and Big Data Analysis
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Distributed Computing
- Software Engineering
- Digital Health and AI in Medicine
Please submit your CV, cover letter, and separately address the Key Selection Criteria (maximum 3 pages) for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
Candidates are asked to specify level of the appointment they are applying for in the cover letter.
For further information about this position, please see the Position Description hyperlinked below or contact Jessica Bernardo (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor) via email [email protected] .
PD - Associate Lecturer
PD - Lecturer
Applications close on Sunday 10th December 2023 at 11.59pm.
About RMIT University
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 96,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. The University's mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for students to prepare them for life and work.
Why work at RMIT University
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. Find out more about working at RMIT University, what we stand for and why we are an Employer of Choice.
We want to attract those who will make a difference. View RMIT's impressive standings in university rankings.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We are better for our diversity . When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognised by a broad spectrum of external organisations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
At RMIT, we are committed to supporting adjustments throughout the recruitment and selection process, as well as during employment. We actively support and encourage people with disability to apply to RMIT. To discuss adjustment requirements, please contact Kassie (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor), via [email protected] or visit our Careers page for more contact information - https://www.rmit.edu.au/careers
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
- Number of offers available
- RMIT UNIVERSITY
Where to apply
Lecturer, Early Career Development Fellow, RMIT University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Overview: Full-time, 2 year Fixed Term position - 3 Positions available. Two across Construction Management/Project Management disciplines and one across all three disciplines - Construction Manag...
Peer Mentoring Officer, RMIT University, Australia, 10 days ago
Overview: Part-time, Fixed Term position until 20/09/2024 Salary HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work...
Lecturer, Media (Screen), RMIT University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Overview: Full-Time, Ongoing Position for a Lecturer in Media Salary Academic Level B + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the RMIT City campus About the College RMIT’s ...
Officer, Indigenous Student Education, RMIT University, Australia, 4 days ago
Overview: Continuing, full-time position to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students - Indigenous Identified role * Salary Level HEW 6 ($85,948 - 93,035 p.a + 17% Superannuation) and...
Senior Legal Counsel, RMIT University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Overview: Part time / Full-time, Continuing position Salary Level HEW 10A + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About...
Librarian, Teaching & Research, RMIT University, Australia, 10 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary Level HEW 6 + 17% Superannuation Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About the role As Librarian, Teaching & Research, you...