12 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
28 May 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Part-time 0.5FTE and fixed term until 31 December 2023
- Level A $74,024 - $99,512 + 17% Superannuation (pro rata part time)
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The School of Education is seeking to recruit academics to join a team of established colleagues working in Early Childhood Teacher Education, primarily for the EC Teacher Education sector.
The Associate Lecturer will be required to undertake teaching related tasks, carry out administrative responsibilities; undertake scholarship activities and may develop a research plan for the period of appointment.
The appointee will promote the School and maintain links and partnerships with relevant academic, industry and professional communities. The appointee will make an independent contribution to the School’s teaching, scholarship, and program development
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining appropriate discipline knowledge
- Developing effective learning materials and activities as part of design team or with guidance from Unit Chair
- Demonstrating awareness of ongoing innovation in curriculum design
- Delivering effective teaching practices within unit
- Integrating industry, clinical and/or research practice to teaching
- Working collaboratively as part of a teaching team
- Constructively reviewing and refining own teaching practice to help maintain teaching quality standards
- Suggesting approaches to innovate teaching practices to improve student success and engagement
- Providing clear assessment criteria and timely feedback to learners to demonstrate learning outcomes
- Constructively contributing to moderation processes
- Adapting learning material and practices to support diverse learners
- Demonstrating awareness of student support and services and guides students to them where appropriate
- Conducting self-evaluation practices and maintaining effective mentor relationships
- Engaging collaboratively to participate in novel and high-quality research or creative activities
- Building awareness of industry partners and participating in opportunities for research partnerships
- Beginning to build track record of timely delivery of outcomes for industry partners
Key selection criteria for this role:
- Relevant industry qualifications and experience in the field, including study towards a relevant Masters or PhD
- Emerging scholarship through publications and/or conference presentations
- Capacity to contribute to teaching, research and administration in the field
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues
- Excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in UG and/or PG programs, including innovative curriculum design
- Excellent knowledge of policy and practice developments in the field
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Associate Lecturer - Early Childhood Education - 538896.pdf
Applications for this position close on Sunday 28 May 2023.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Infrequent travel will be required describe further (e.g. between campuses)
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Please submit your updated resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Damian Blake, Head of School Education, on email@example.com .
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.
- Number of offers available
- DEAKIN UNIVERSITY
Where to apply
Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer, Finance, Deakin University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Apply now Job no:544985 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Business Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus or Geelong Waterfront Full-time and continuing Level B $104,619 ...
Senior Technical Officer, Mechanical And Digital Fabrication, Deakin University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545423 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Technical Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and Continuing HEW 6 $89,012 - $96,126 (salary effect...
Senior Technical Officer, Civil And Environmental, Deakin University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545422 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Technical Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and Continuing HEW 6 $89,012 - $96,126 (salary effect...
Chair In Nursing (Monash Health Partnership), Deakin University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545853 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Health Predominantly based at Monash Health, an office at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus will also be arranged. F...
Lecturer, Environmental Engineering, Deakin University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545482 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Education, Science Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and continuing Level B $104,619 - $123,739 +...
Lecturer, Mechatronics Engineering, Deakin University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545499 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Engineering, Science Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and continuing Level B $104,619 - $123,739...