In line with Curtin’s 2030 Strategic Plan, Curtin University is committed to optimising employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. In an effort to increase Aboriginal and Torres Strait representation in the University, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role, pursuant to Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).
Your new role
At Curtin, we are committed to embedding the voices and perspectives of Indigenous peoples at the forefront of our decision-making to create an environment in which everyone thrives.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference? We are searching for four Associate Lecturers to join Curtin University and provide high-quality teaching, learning and support for students. The ideal candidates will demonstrate a commitment to improvement and innovation in teaching and participate in the discipline's communication and dissemination of teaching practice.
In this role, you will, but not limited to:
Teaching and Learning
- Determine the learning needs of students and provide appropriate teaching and learning support to demonstrate the intended learning outcomes.
- Integrate scholarship research and professional practice in teaching to support learning and online delivery.
- Conduct learning activities online, distributed or face-to-face as appropriate, which stimulate and foster student learning.
- Participate in outreach activities related to teaching and learning
- Assess and provide feedback on learning to students.
- Undertake administrative functions connected to units taught.
- Contribute to curriculum innovation and design to develop students learning.
- Collaborate with course team members to ensure coherent curriculum design and deliver to support learning.
- Participate in team teaching within an established program as required.
- Design and plan learning resources and materials.
- Undertake professional development, including peer review in higher education teaching, and maintain currency in discipline theory and practice.
- Influence the overall academic, social and cultural experience of higher education through recognition of the particular learning needs of first year students and facilitating their transition into university learning and ensure students from equity and other demographic subgroups receive adequate support to participate and facilitate success in their courses
- Contribute to academic service, collegiality and engagement.
- Participate in external activities relevant to the discipline/profession and community engagement.
- Model a high standard of professional behaviour consistent with the University Code of Conduct and Vision, Mission and Values
If you're ready to make a real difference and take on a pivotal role in promoting Aboriginal cultural competence, then we want to hear from you!
To learn more about this opportunity, please contactRae-Lee Warner, Deputy Director Centre for Aboriginal Studies, via [email protected]
The Centre for Aboriginal Studies (CAS) is an Indigenous-managed research and education centre that contributes to positive social change for Aboriginal Australians. We offer undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses, also provide an empowering and supportive base for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students studying any course at Curtin.
We are an energetic, dedicated team of academics and professionals working together to provide global solutions through quality graduates and innovative research. Curtin is a welcoming space where integrity, respect for one another, courage, excellence, and impact are essential to everyday life. Situated on Whadjuk Nyungar Country, our vibrant campus includes an art gallery, gym, childcare and medical centre, and endless food options including a supermarket.
We encourage a progressive and diverse workplace, offering generous superannuation and salary packaging benefits. We are committed to looking after our employees by promoting health and wellbeing, work flexibility, and personal development opportunities.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Please provide a cover letter, your CV and a separate document addressing the selection criteria (noted below) to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
To view a copy of the Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close: Friday, 22 December 2023, at 10:00 pm AWST
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, any offer of employment is subject to completion of National Police Records checks, and background, integrity, and reference checks to Curtin’s satisfaction. At Curtin, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation and this position require you to have a current Working With Children Check.
You will require current work rights in Australia that match the tenure of this role.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1), quoting the reference number.
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor Midwifery, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 5 hours ago
$134,035 to $154,013(ALEVC); or $160,672 to $176,649 (ALEVD) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents SENIOR LECTURER/ASSOC...
Associate Pro Vice Chancellor (Learning And Teaching), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic Excellence) Drive innovative pedagogies and implement our vision for learning and teaching excellence at UWA. Tenurable appointment. Base salary range: ...
Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor Midwifery, EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 1 day ago
24 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY Research Field Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1)...
Wellbeing Adviser, The Living Room, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 5 hours ago
$88,973 to $95,993 pa (Pro-rata 80%) (HEW 6) Part-time (0.8 FTE), Fixed-term (12 months), Joondalup campus Open to candidates with the relevant work rights WELLBEING ADVISOR, THE LIVING ROOM ACCES...
Administrative Officer Graduate Research, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 10 days ago
$78,854 to $87,624 pa (HEW5) PRO-RATA (50%) Ongoing, Part-time (50%), Joondalup campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER GRADUATE ...
Administrative Officer, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 15 days ago
$78,854 to $87,624 pa (HEW5) PRO-RATA (50%) Ongoing, Part-time (50%), Joondalup campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER RESEARCH ...