- Full Time
- 5 Year Fixed Term Contract
- Can be based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) or Victorian regional campuses.
About the position
The Associate Director of Information Management will join La Trobe Universities centre of excellence in data and analytics, to lead the design and implementation of the La Trobe information management roadmap.
La Trobe is embarking on an exciting journey to become a more data driven organisation. The Data & Analytics team are working on real-world exciting use cases in deriving insights from its data. La Trobe have recently implemented an Enterprise Data & Analytics Platform (EDAP) and are in the process of implemented a best of breed Data Governance Platforms. This technology will be foundational in bringing our data strategy to life and will facilitate our move towards becoming a data led organisation.
To enable this, the University has recently embarked on an Information Strategy and Governance initiative to help evolve the use of data and harnesses its information potential. This initiative is focusing on the many aspects of information management: from storage, policy design, data classification, data definition, data quality, compliance to policy and process, accessibility, and security, with the outcome that information is treated as trusted, strategic and valued asset to the university. This position is based in the Data and Analytic centre of excellence, and will work in close coordination with senior executives, data providers, application owners, business teams across the University and Information Services teams to ensure the successful implementation and information governance policies, procedures and conduct audits to insure adherence to policy and procedures.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Management expertise and supporting experience, or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policies and practices in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships internally and externally and to communicate effectively on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a complex environment and balance a range of priorities and expectations.
- Proven record of developing innovative solutions and practical implementations for strategic change at speed
- Strong interpersonal skills such as ability to communicate to business teams and build relationships.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role is preferred
- Experience in leading, designing, implementing or supporting information governance across either a corporate entity or university
- Demonstrated ability to work within project management methodologies
- Experience working with data related and with working knowledge of data management tools like Informatica is highly desirable.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, Sunday 13th November 2022
Position Enquiries: Anthony Perera via Email email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - ESMC1 Associate Director Information Management.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter, including a paragraph outlining your suitability for the position based on information outlined in the PD; and
- An up to date resume
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Deputy Director Of Medical Student Education, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Job no: 0051175 Location: Shepparton (This role cannot be performed remotely) Role type: Part time (0.3 - 0.4 FTE); Continuing Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences Departmen...
Agriculture Manager, University of Melbourne, Australia, 5 days ago
Job no: 0054378 Location: Mildura Role type: Full time; Fixed-term for 12 months Faculty: Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology Department/School: Department of Infrastructure Engineer...
Associate Lecturer, Rural Mental Health Education, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Job no: 0056025 Location: Wangaratta Role type: Full time/Part time (0.5 FTE) - one full time role or two part-time roles available; Fixed-term until 31 December 2023 Faculty: Faculty of Medicine,...
Adoption Officer (Drought Resilience, Adoption And Innovation In Agriculture), University of Melbourne, Australia, 7 days ago
Job no: 0058812 Location: Mildura Role type: Part time; Fixed-term until 28 June 2024 Faculty: Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology Department/School: Department of Infrastructure Eng...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer, Clinical Pharmacy, RMIT University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Overview: An opportunity now exists to join RMIT’s School of Health and Biomedical Sciences and contribute to the teaching and research growth within Pharmacy 1 x Full time, Fixed Term (from July ...
Learning Services Librarian, RMIT University, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Overview: 2 x Part-Time positions available (32 hours per week), Fixed Term until November 2023 Salary Level HEW 6 + 17% Superannuation with generous leave entitlements Based at the Melbourne CBD ...