- Casual weekend and public holiday position; potential to cover staff leave
- Salary Level HEW 4
- Based at the Bundoora campus
In this role, you will be working as an animal technician in a multi species facility. To be successful, you are motivated and committed to the welfare of all animals. Ideally, you will have experience working in an animal facility. Applicants within animal studies qualification or working towards a qualification in a related field are encouraged to apply. Your duties will include animal welfare checks on weekends and public holidays, ensuring that animals are healthy including reporting any anomalies. Keeping hygiene to a high standard throughout the facility. Accurate record keeping, and availability to cover staff leave.
To be successful in this position, you’ll have:
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of small laboratory animal species in a research environment or equivalent with experience in general and PC1/2 laboratory areas.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to comply with current legislation, regulatory bodies, codes and standards relating to the ethical use and care of live animals for scientific research purposes.
- Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining laboratory-based instruments/ equipment relevant to animal research.
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, including understanding and embracing a client-focused framework.
- Demonstrated understanding of current OH&S legislation with knowledge of other field or industry regulations or standards related to the field within the scope of the service area.
- Effective oral, written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and with a diverse range of people from various backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of working in accordance to the RMIT value statements or similar frameworks in other organisations.
- A commitment to RMIT’s policies of supporting a diverse workplace along with zero tolerance towards harassment, bullying or discrimination in any form.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
STEM College Office Professional Staff
The STEM College Office Professional staff provide exceptional and efficient support to the College. The Learning, Teaching and Quality teams support:
- Quality Enhancement
- Learning and Teaching support
The Professional shared services Group delivers service to all four School
across five distinct functions:
- Student Lifecycle
- Planning & Operations
- Technical Services
- Program & Governance
- WIL & Engagement
Relevant digital solutions – such as Workday – are used by the five teams to streamline processes and drive operational efficiencies. The Group’s end-to-end professional support ensures a consistent approach to the operational and strategic functioning of the College and adherence to University policies and procedures. The STEM College Office professional staff are instrumental in providing students with a transformative and enriched learning experience, and in supporting our research and engagement administration activities. Centralised in the STEM College Office, at our City and Bundoora campuses, professional staff members have opportunities to cross-skill, engage in professional development and develop their own career paths
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Michele.Cook@RMIT.edu.au
1 July 2023 11.59 pm
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Isla n der community.
At RMIT, we are committed to supporting adjustments throughout the recruitment and selection process, as well as during employment. We actively support and encourage people with disability to apply to RMIT. To discuss adjustment requirements, please contact Kassie (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor), via email@example.com or visit our Careers page for more contact information - https://www.rmit.edu.au/careers .
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Animal Welfare Compliance Manager, CSIRO, Australia, 4 days ago
Bring your veterinary advice and knowledge of animal research ethics principles to work Ensure compliance with the Australian Code for the Care and Use of Animals for Scientific Purposes Wit...
Senior Animal Technologist, Monash University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
Senior Animal Technologist Job No.: 652171 Location: Gippsland campus Employment Type: Part-time, fraction (0.7) Duration: Continuing appointment Remuneration: Pro-rata of $78,255 - $89,888 pa HEW...
Volunteer Animal Ethics Committee Members Monash University, Monash University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Volunteer Animal Ethics Committee Member - Monash University Job no.: 651811 Department/Unit: Office of Research Ethics and Integrity Classification: Volunteer Location: Clayton campus Time Commit...
Senior Manager, Research Facilities And Infrastructure, The University of Queensland, Australia, 1 day ago
UQ Biological Resources Our facilities are primarily located within Schools and Institutes to support research involving animal models Be part of an organisation with a meaningful purpose and impa...
Service Technician, Monash Animal Research Platform, Monash University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Service Technician, Monash Animal Research Platform Job No.: 651753 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Part-time, fraction (0.8) Duration: Continuing appointment Remuneration: Pro-rata of $...
Genomics /Geneticist, CSIRO, Australia, 4 days ago
PhD in genetics or other similar relevant research fields Analysis of genetic data (individual and population) in the context of genetic biocontrol Join CSIRO and be a part of a highly collabo...