- Based in the Research and Innovation Services unit at the City West campus
- Full-time (1.0FTE), continuing position
- Commencement Salary: $57,610 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
This position will work with Animal Technicians to ensure that all animals used in research at the University of South Australia are housed and cared for in accordance with best practice and legislative requirements. The position will provide research animal care, supporting the day-to-day operations of the Core Animal Facility, and ensuring users/visitors comply with Facility policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
The Unit of Research and Innovation Services provides support for the management of research and administers internal and national competitive research grants. It is also responsible for ensuring the responsible and ethical conduct of research, for the management of centralised research facilities and for developing and implementing strategic initiatives to improve the quality of the experience and outcomes for postgraduate research students.
- Operate under supervision and in accordance with the Australian code of practice for the care and use of animals for scientific purposes, Commonwealth, State and University requirements
- Enter accurate and detailed records of all animal experimental procedures, animal numbers and experimental lines to ensure compliance with the UniSA Animal Ethics Committee (AEC), the Office of the Gene Technology Regulator (OGTR) and Department of Agriculture Approved Arrangement requirements
- Assist the Training and Compliance Officer with training (e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, animal handling and animal husbandry)
- Ensure appropriate laboratory equipment is used and protective clothing is worn by students/staff/visitors when entering the animal holding areas of the Animal Facility
- Monitor all Animal Facility equipment to ensure it is working correctly and safety measures are in place and ensure all students/staff/visitors comply with Standard Operating Procedures
Essential Skills and Experience
- A qualification relevant to laboratory animal care or demonstrated experience working in an animal facility
- Experience with laboratory animal care (including handling, breeding, and injections) and a good understanding of ethical issues and animal welfare in a research/laboratory environment
- Knowledge and understanding of WHS guidelines inherent to laboratory and research activities
- Demonstrated understanding of quality systems and the ability to participate in continuous improvement processes
- Sound interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to successfully communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people internal and external to the University
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Emma Kelvin, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 3654.
Applications close: 11.30pm Wednesday 5 January 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Research Assistant, Level Ara, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 14 days ago
Based in the Justice and Society Unit at the City West campus and with PERCAN, Western Australia Two (2) full-time, 12 month fixed term contracts – one in SA, one in WA Commencement Salary: $72,21...
Postdoctoral Senior Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 1 hour ago
School of Pharmacy / The Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence (PACE ) Academic Level B Two full-time, fixed-term positions up to 18 March 2023 (with possible extension) Closing date 17 May at ...
Technical Assistant, University of Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Full time, 3 year fixed term, located on the Camden Campus at the Sydney Institute of Agriculture An exciting opportunity to support research in a laboratory and field-based environment Base Salar...
Senior Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Imaging And Phenotyping Laboratory, University of Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Two Senior Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in the Imaging and Phenotyping Laboratory Located at the Charles Perkins Centre on the Camperdown Campus Full time, 12 month fixed term, until offering...
Postdoctoral Research Associate In Data Science Of Complex Systems, University of Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Full time 2 years fixed term employment, located on the Camperdown Campus at the School of Mathematics and Statistics Opportunity to contribute to research focused on complex systems & data scienc...
Grant Funded Postdoctoral Researcher A, South Australian Immuno Ge Nomics Cancer Institute, UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE, Australia, 27 days ago
(Level A) $71,401 to $96,007 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation will apply. Fixed term, full-time positions available for two years. Exciting opportunity for a Pos...