Apply now Job no:519337
Work type:full time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Ramaciotti Centre for Genomics is a national infrastructure facility and a leader in the application and development of genomics in Australia. It is the largest genomics facility at any Australian University and is comprehensively equipped with the latest next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology, with single-cell genomics platforms and with high throughput microarray systems. The Centre’s purpose is to deliver high quality genomic data to its clients and position UNSW as a leader in the field of genomics.
The Administrative Officer works with the Director and Deputy Director of the Centre to assist with planning, administration, marketing and reporting.
About the role
- $96K - $103K plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term – 15 months (parental leave)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Administrative Officer reports to the Deputy Director & COO of the Ramaciotti Centre for Genomics and has no direct reports.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide pro-active, efficient administrative support that facilitates service delivery including (but not limited to) purchasing and receipting of goods, billing for services, reconciliation of credit cards and expense reimbursements.
- Respond to a range of in-person, telephone, and email enquiries in relation to general operations, purchasing, billing and event organisation from internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor enquiries received by the Centre’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, initiating action, or referring the enquiry, as required.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues relating to the CRM, prioritising bug fixes and future change.
- Prepare monthly financial reports to assist with business activity monitoring.
- Collate information for internal and external reporting (e.g. publications, services provided, client profiles, and vendor specific expenditure.)
- Assist with drafting agendas, minutes and briefing notes for Centre specific committees and meetings.
- Oversee, coordinate and provide support for Centre events (e.g. workshops, exhibition stands, functions and conferences) and manage the associated communications, logistics and production of marketing materials.
- Maintain internal and external contact databases and assist with updating content on the Centre’s website.
- Manage travel arrangements including flight and transport bookings, itineraries, accommodation, conference registrations and any other requirements as per the UNSW Travel Policy.
- Assist the Quality Consultant as required, including ensuring all staff are up to date with training requirements for NATA accreditation.
- Undertake other relevant tasks as directed by your supervisor.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree, with subsequent relevant experience in administration within a large and complex institution or equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Strong time management, office management and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced work processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, internet, and email skills, including proficiency with computer packages including Microsoft Office.
- A knowledge and understanding of CRM systems.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives, and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Ensure you systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: September 29th , 2023
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.unsw.edu.au
UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised:01 Sep 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:29 Sep 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Research Officer, Macquarie University, Australia, 2 days ago
PRIMARY DETAIL Seeking a Research Officer (RO) to drive research supporting implementation of genomic medicine in primary care THE ROLE Salary Package: From $93,017 - $102676 (HEW 6) plus 17% supe...
Marketing Manager, University of Sydney, Australia, 7 days ago
Full time, continuing role based at the Seymour Centre at the University of Sydney Unique opportunity to bring your marketing expertise to this prestigious theatre complex and be a part of its ric...
Research Associate (Health Policy & Economics), University of Sydney, Australia, 12 days ago
0.8 FTE fixed term until 31 December 2025 Opportunity to support the research related to health policy and economics Base Salary $100,717 - $107,516 + 17% superannuation About the opportunity The ...
Research Officer, Macquarie University, Australia, 14 days ago
PRIMARY DETAIL • Work with leading academics • Full-time, fixed term of 2 years • Collaborative and supportive working environment THE ROLE An exciting opportunity exists for a Research Officer...
Program Coordinator (Widening Participation), Macquarie University, Australia, 1 day ago
PRIMARY DETAIL · Salary Package: ($93,017 - $102,676) HEW 6 p.a. plus 17% employer superannuation contributions and annual leave loading · Role type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract until end of De...
Ref 5887/23 Provost, Office Of The Provost , Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Attractive remuneration package Full-Time, Fixed-Term position for 2 years based at Parramatta Campus Full-Time, Fixed-Term position for 2 years ...