Job Reference: 749478
The Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre is an independent economic and social research organisation located within the Curtin Business School at Curtin University. The Centre was established in 2012 through the generous support of Bankwest. The Centre’s core mission is to deliver high quality, accessible research that enhances our understanding of key economic and social issues that contribute to the wellbeing of West Australian families, businesses and communities.
Your new role
This position would suit a professional, with outstanding interpersonal skills, who is extremely organised with high attention to detail. You will work autonomously accompanied with a high level of flexibility and versatility. You will have excellent use of initiative with a positive and outgoing personality
- Provide PA support to the Director and Deputy Director and undertake general administrative activities that support the day-to-day operational duties of the Centre
- Calendar and stakeholder management
- Coordinating the publishing and distribution of reports and other documentation, (e.g. briefing papers, minutes and agenda papers and general correspondence)
- Assist with communication channels, including social media; website and publications management
- Coordinate logistics to deliver and assist in organising research report launches and events
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities
- Vibrant campus with an array of food trucks, coffee shops and restaurants
- Wellness is part of our culture, and we encourage positive lifestyle choices through a range of activities and initiatives.
- A vibrant campus with gym, child care, wellness programs, medical and counselling services.
- Opportunity for on-going career development
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with…
- Experience in providing PA and/or administrative support
- Experience in providing event support
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft suite of application
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple and often competing tasks with attention to accuracy and detail within deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication with a well-developed cross-cultural sensitivity and diplomacy
- Problem-solving skills, with the ability to use discretion and knowledge to determine appropriate actions
- Knowledge of In-Design and event management tools would be advantageous
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team
- Proactive approach to developing and building positive stakeholder relationships
Please apply on-line with a cover letter and resume to enable us to assess your suitability for the role. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please advise in your cover letter.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Applications close: 10pm (WST) Wednesday 21st July
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our careers team on email@example.com
Inclusion and Diversity at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Have become one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation (2018-2020).
- Voted 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019)
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert
Executive Director, International Centre For Radio Astronomy Research, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job no:507021 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Science, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Executive Executive Director International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research Rare op...
Senior Research Officer (Nif Informatics Facility), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 3 days ago
Centre for Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis Support pre-clinical and clinical imaging research in the WA node of the National Imaging Facility (NIF). Full-time, Fixed term Appointment unt...
Administrative Officer (Centre For Social Impact), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 13 days ago
Job no:507547 Work type:part time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support Centre for Social Impact Play a key role in the Danjoo Koorliny Walking Together Towards 2029 and b...
Specialist (Cybersecurity Awareness And Assurance), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 18 days ago
Job no:507441 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology University IT Full-time, ongoing appointment Salary range: Level 8; $101,337 - $110,766 p.a. plus 17% superannu...
Communication And Engagement Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 3 days ago
Job no:507520 Work type:full time Location:Perth CBD, Crawley Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing CRC TiME Diverse role working with broad range of stakeholders Full-time, fixed-term appoint...
Senior Course Coordinator, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job no:507516 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Student Administration / Support Services, Teaching support and design The Clinical Training & Evaluation Centre (CTEC) Make a differe...