Work type:part time
Categories:Administration & Executive support
- Work on a research project that is contributing to development in Africa and the Indian Ocean region, and support the new Ethnography Lab of WA.
- Part-time (24 hrs/fortnight) appointment on a 1-year fixed term basis
- Base salary range: Level 4 $70,905 – $75,319 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Ethnography Lab of Western Australia is a collaboration between The University of Western Australia (UWA), Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, the Western Australian Museum, and the State Library of Western Australia. The Ethnography Lab develops innovative, co-designed ethnographic methods, and is forging new, co-produced ethnographic representations, using the very latest digital technologies.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under general direction, provide administrative support to the Director of the Ethnography Lab, and for other Chief Investigators on the ‘Roads to the Future’ research project. You will be responsible for planning and coordinating a range of administrative functions including project management activities such as planning for fieldwork (including ethics, risk and safety), organising seminars/workshops, and operation of the Lab’s multimedia research equipment. You will also undertake some creative and design functions, including providing support for Lab-related emails, newsletter and web content, report writing and funding applications.
You should be hardworking, and have good writing, and other communication, skills. You should be able to plan project work on your own, and be able to carry this through. You should have a commitment to the development of ethnographic methods in social research.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate :
- Year 12 or equivalent competency
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed organisational skills with the demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and get others to do likewise
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, problem solve and work productively as part of a team
- Well-developed skills in relationship management with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of Ethnographic Methods (desirable)
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Administration Officer - 515329.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Tuesday 5th September 2023
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:28 Aug 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:05 Sep 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Lecturer, Accounting And Finance, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, about 13 hours ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia...
Graduate Research Assistant, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, about 1 month ago
2 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researc...
Associate Lecturer Or Lecturer In Chemistry And Biochemistry, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 16 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australi...
Lecturer Human Sciences, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, about 13 hours ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Biological sciences Psychological sciences Sociology Ethics in social sciences Researcher Profile Lea...
Research Officer, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 16 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Engineering Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Australia Application...
Lecturer In English And Literary Studies, And Gender Studies, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, about 1 month ago
2 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Language sciences Literature Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Applica...