Job Reference: 756098
ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT OFFICER - DIGITAL CHILD CENTRE
The Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for the Digital Child is a new major 7-year initiative supported by a $34.9M grant from the Australian Research Council and an additional $32.2M in-kind and cash contributions from national and international partners. The Centre will deliver and disseminate evidence-based transdisciplinary research for Australian children to be healthy, educated and connected in a digital world.
The primary role is to provide high quality professional research support within Curtin node of the Centre of Excellence for the Digital Child to ensure efficient and effective running of administrative procedures and the delivery of prompt quality service to all who interact with the node.
Your new role:
You will provide efficient research administration support including, but not limited to, finance, purchasing, reporting, meetings and travel:
- Maintain appropriate financial and non-financial performance records
- Prepare accurate and regular monthly, quarterly and annual financial and non-financial performance reports
- Act as point of contact for communication and reception
- Support organization of events, meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences
- Administer related travel arrangements including flights and accommodation
- Provide secretarial support for meetings
- Maintain and implement policies and procedures consistent with Curtin, Centre and ARC requirements.
- Ability to organise time and work activities according to priorities and to meet deadlines
- Outstanding oral communication skills with the ability to liaise with a diverse range of people in a clear and professional manner, with cross cultural sensitivity and work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- Demonstrated computer literacy with skills in in a wide range of applications including word processing and/or spreadsheet packages and email
- Experience with finance, budget and performance administration reporting
- Administering purchasing, travel arrangements and meeting secretariat support
- Supporting research activities, and maintaining performance databases
- General support in organisation of events
- Diploma qualification with relevant work experience; or a certificate level qualification with post certificate work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Prove a Criminal record check clearance in accordance with the University's Criminal Record Screening Procedure.
- Provide a valid Working with Children Check (WWC) card in accordance with University Policy.
- A level of fitness commensurate with the position.
- Interstate and/or overseas travel may be required.
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours when required.
Why choose Curtin?
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities.
- A vibrant campus with gym, child care, wellness programs, medical and counselling services.
- Opportunity for ongoing career development.
- We are ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2020 and QS World University Rankings 2021)
For further information on working at Curtin and our employee benefits visit: https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
To view a copy of the position description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser
Curtin University requires you to provide a cover letter and resume to include sufficient information and examples to allow us to assess your suitability for the role. Please also provide a statement succinctly outlining how you meet the expectations of this role.
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact email@example.com
Applications close: 10:00 PM AWST, Friday 23rd July 2021
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Projects & Planning Manager, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 7 hours ago
$118,777 to $124,214 pa (HEW 9) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with the relevant working rights DIGITAL AND CAMPUS SERVICES $118,777 to $124,214 pa (HEW 9) ONGOING, FULL-T...
Project Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Job no:507765 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support Australian National Child Health and Development Atlas Opportunity to be a key member of a large pr...
Chief Technician, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 16 days ago
Job no:507496 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Research support, Trades & Services National Geotechnical Centrifuge Facility Unique opportunity to work in a world-leading laboratory...
Digital Media Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Job no:507461 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing Digital Media Officer Join a small, dynamic team of news professionals Full-time, ongoing appointment S...
Senior Research Officer (Nif Informatics Facility), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 7 days ago
Centre for Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis Support pre-clinical and clinical imaging research in the WA node of the National Imaging Facility (NIF). Full-time, Fixed term Appointment unt...
Senior Insurance Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Governance Excellent opportunity to play a significant role in the University Insurance function. Part-time (0.5 FTE), 2 year fixed term appointment Salary range: Level 7 $91,862.00 – $100,812.00 ...