- Exciting opportunity for an experienced Administration Co-ordinator in Procurement
- Full time, ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus
- Hew 6 ($84,014 - $90, 584) plus 17% Super
About the Role
Are you ready for a rewarding challenge in your business administration, procurement, or commercial career? Swinburne University is striving to create social and economic impact and is looking for a service focused and agile Administration Co-ordinator for Procurement to provide critical support to the procurement team and university.
This exciting role will provide support in the form of governance reviews and reporting, delivering useful analytical insights to the procurement team to drive commercial value, operational support to the travel program and other procurement operations areas (as required), and facilitating communication of successes to uplift the procurement function’s profile. The role will have responsibility to support effective procurement frameworks, governance, systems and training that enables the university to optimise value across the supply chain in a streamlined way.
The role is deemed to be an entry-level position into the procurement team and suitable for Graduates in the Business Administration, Procurement or Commercial fields.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Undertake governance reviews and reporting against procurement and delegation policy obligations, acting on non-compliance as instructed.
- Support procurement outcomes by identifying and implementing policy changes to improve governance controls.
- Develop and deliver Procurement KPI measurement and reporting.
- Provide category and supplier spend and benchmarking analysis and insights to support procurement planning and strategy, as well as operational support and contract administration across spend categories for example travel, print services, stationery.
- Identify and implement improvements to procurement tools, templates, and materials that support delivery of effective and efficient procurement outcomes.
- A degree qualification with subsequent experience in Business Administration, Procurement or Finance or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training.
- Possess relevant knowledge, experience and expertise in providing quality analysis and reporting, preferably in a Procurement context
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 22nd March, 2023 at 5pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
Click here for Position Description Opens in new window
Manager, Operations, RMIT University, Australia, 2 days ago
Overview: Full Time, Continuing Position Salary HEW 9 ($124,474 - $133,367) + 17% Superannuation Based at the Melbourne CBD campus but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of ...
Senior Project Manager Workday, RMIT University, Australia, 2 days ago
Overview: Full-time, 5 months Fixed term contract Attractive salary package on offer Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About the role Senior Project Manager - Workday i...
Senior Business Analyst, Digital Learning Experience Squad, RMIT University, Australia, 3 days ago
Overview: Full-time, 12 Months Fixed Term position Salary Level HEW 8 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About You...
Manager, Enterprise Project Governance, Deakin University, Australia, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:539390 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Finance Burwood or Geelong location Full-time and continuing HEW 9 $122,771 - $130,125 + 17% Superannuation Foun...
Training And Events Coordinator Gbv Prevention, RMIT University, Australia, 13 days ago
Overview: Part-time (0.4 FTE), Continuing position Salary Level HEW 7 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About Yo...
Senior Developer, Digital Solutions, RMIT University, Australia, 2 days ago
Overview: Senior Developer - Digital Solutions position available, Fixed Term until Dec 2023. Based at the Melbourne CBD campus (Hybrid role), and Flexible Working Arrangements Experience great te...