Apply now Job no:545217
Location:Melbourne - Burwood
- Flexible location
- Fixed term and Full-time with possibility of an extension
- HEW 7 $94,173 - $103,694 + 17% Superannuation (pro rata, part time)
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Accountant supports the Infrastructure, Property & Precincts and Campus Operations Portfolios with a broad range of high-level and complex financial management, reporting and planning responsibilities. The will participate in month end, forecasting and budgeting responsibilities as well as continuous reporting on our wide array of projects. The Accountant will provide key staff with quality financial data, information and analytics to support Portfolio’s decision making as well as assist as required, in the completion of staff management plans, non-employment costs and other aspects of the financial statements and management accounting reports.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering tailored finance business services including analysis, reporting and advice
- Monitoring, interpreting and reporting on financial performance (including monthly reports, people management plan), identifying and analysing variances as well as the provision of recommendations to improve financial performance
- Undertaking financial planning and analysis, primarily the development of the annual budget and forecasts along with the completion of required financial statements, tables and supporting summaries
- Manage the Universities key capex project spend reporting and engage with multiple stakeholders
- Improving financial reporting and procedures, including the identification and utilisation of appropriate and high quality financial and non-financial data to complete routine and ad hoc external and internal reporting and information requests
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or other similar discipline and extensive relevant work experience
- Certified Practising Accountant or Chartered Accountant (or studying towards completion)
- Experience in financial management in a large complex environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Relevant experience in the preparation and monitoring of complex budgets and performance reports
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Accountant (545217).pdf
Applications for this position close on Wednesday 6th of September.
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
- National Police Record Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
- Infrequent work outside business hours is required (e.g., work at evening or weekend events is required)
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Ben de Jager (Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis) at email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Partner, RMIT University, Australia, 7 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary HEW 8 + 17% Superannuation Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About You Know internally as Senior Financial Planning & An...
Macsys Centre Finance Manager, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 9 hours ago
Job no: 0056771 Location: Parkville Role type: Part-time (0.6 FTE); Continuing (Research Contingent) Faculty: Science School: School of BioSciences Salary: UOM 7 – $102,338 – $110,780 p.a. plus 17...
Project Manager Annual Capital Projects, Victoria University, Australia, 1 day ago
Job Description PROJECT MANAGER – ANNUAL CAPITAL PROJECTS To view the position description please click here . This is a full-time continuing position (36.75 hours per week) at HEP 8 classificatio...
International Scholarships Coordinator, Victoria University, Australia, 1 day ago
Job Description Exciting opportunity within our International Office The position is located at Footscray Park or City Campus Collaborative, innovative and supportive work environment About Us: At...
Project Director Health Innovation Centre, Victoria University, Australia, 1 day ago
Job Description Victoria University (VU) is seeking an exceptional Project Director to lead the delivery of our new Health Innovation Centre. This key leadership role will oversee the project from...
Programs Coordinator, RMIT University, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Overview: Part-time (0.8 FTE), Fixed Term position until 31 July 2025, with a possible extension Salary Level HEW 6 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at RMIT City campus...