- Based in the Student Engagement Unit at the City East and Magill Campus
- Part-time (0.4 FTE – Thurs & Fri non-negotiable), continuing appointment
- Salary range: $88,634 - $99,510 pro rata per annum (plus up to 17% superannuation)
About the Role
As the Access and Inclusion Adviser, you will provide high level advice to both Business and Academic Unit staff as well as external providers regarding services and improved outcomes for students with a disability. You will play a key role in offering professional services to assist students in addressing disability issues and barriers to inclusion which have an impact on their learning outcomes.
Please note; this is a part-time (0.4 FTE) continuing contract, however, there may be an opportunity for additional hours (up to 0.6 FTE) within the team due to team movements during 2021.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Work with students in a range of settings to address disability related issues impacting on their participation of university life
- Conduct assessments of the functional impact of students’ disabilities on their studies
- Make recommendations about access and inclusion services and accommodations for students
- Provide timely, quality services to students with disabilities which address learning access issues
- Provide high level advice to staff to manage complex situations which overcome barriers to learning experienced by students with disabilities
- Contribute to the design and development of accessible online resources and other means for the flexible delivery of services to students
Essential Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in disability or a related allied health, education or human services field
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with people who experience barriers to inclusion as a result of disability or chronic health condition
- Deep understanding of Disability Discrimination legislation and its context in Higher Education
- Team player with highly developed interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with the capacity to work with a diverse range of people and services
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Samantha Matthews, Senior Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 2695.
Applications close: 11.30 pm Sunday 7 February 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Applicants with lived experience of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Ref 1050/21, Relief Counsellor/Mental Health Advisor, Office Of Equity Diversity, Safety And Wellbeing, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Kingswood campus Remuneration Package: $120,879 to $134,189 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term Position for 3 Years Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-thinking, research-led university, locate...
Ref 1321/21 Learning & Teaching Coordinator, Health Science, Health Promotion, Western Sydney University, The College, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Nirimba Campus Remuneration: $109,882 per annum and $11,000 Coordinators Allowance per annum Full-Time, Ongoing Position Full-time, ongoing position Nirimba Campus The College is a not-for-profit ...
Ref 1372/21 Project Officer, Placement Hub, Office Of The Pro Vice Chancellor, Learning Futures, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Campbelltown campus Remuneration: $64,923 to $70.053 p.a. (pro-rata rates) Part-time (0.6 FTE) Fixed term position until 31 December 2021 at Working at Western Sydney University means you’ll be pa...
Senior Leadership Roles Be Part Of A Visionary Executive Team, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Job no:505457 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide, Australia Categories:Faculty of the Professions, Faculty of Sciences, External Relations, Senior Manager Building exceptional leader...
People & Culture Coordinator, Flinders University, Australia, 1 day ago
About Flinders Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporar...
Reconnect Program Support Officer, Federation University Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Job no:850330 Campus:SMB Campus Categories:Professional/General School/Area: Federation TAFE Federation TAFE – Ballarat Campus Part-time (0.8), fixed-term appointment until 24 December 2022 HEW 5 ...