- Available to Australian Aboriginal graduates only
- Full time, two (2) year fixed term contract
- Competitive starting salary of $70,536 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the University
The University of South Australia is committed to improving the education and employment opportunities of Australian Aboriginal Peoples. UniSA was the first Australian University to make a public commitment to the achievement of reconciliation between Aboriginal Australians and non-indigenous Australians and in 2014 became the first University in South Australia to launch its own Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), a guiding document to advance reconciliation across the organisation. Further, under our Enterprise 25 Strategic Plan 2018-2025, UniSA aspires to be the University of Choice for Aboriginal staff and students, to be a more inclusive university and to ensure strong Aboriginal futures.
UniSA has a long-standing aim that Aboriginal Peoples comprise at least 3% of its workforce and is committed to improving employment opportunities, supporting professional development and creating a culturally safe and supportive workplace for Aboriginal staff members.
About the Program
UniSA provides Aboriginal graduates from all Australian Universities with the opportunity to build on the graduate qualities and competencies acquired as part of their studies and provides an opportunity to gain a broad range of business experiences, diverse skills and an understanding of the business of the University to build their professional profile and skillset. We have a dynamic work environment where you will have the opportunity to be involved in several (6-12 month) rotations across different areas of the University.
What to Expect
- A safe workplace culture that is supportive and promotes equal opportunity
- Personal and professional mentor support
- Dedicated induction, training and development opportunities
- Placement rotations to develop your skills and explore different areas of interest across our four metro campuses (City West, City East, Magill and Mawson Lakes)
- Competitive starting salary of $70,536 plus a generous 17% superannuation
- An excellent social and professional networking base with fellow graduates and the Aboriginal Staff Network
Requirements and Skills
- We are looking for recent graduates from Australian Universities who:
- Meet the eligibility criteria
- Enjoy a challenge
- Have excellent communication skills with a customer service focus
- Are able to integrate well into a team
- Can be flexible, adaptable and proactive
- Love to learn
- Are competent using computer programs
- Wish to contribute to UniSA’s culture
UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Professional Development funding for newly appointed Aboriginal staff
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Staff study support
- A variety of leave arrangements including four weeks recreation leave per annum, plus additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
You are welcome to apply for our Aboriginal Graduate program if you:
- Are of Australian Aboriginal descent
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal Person
- Can provide evidence to support your eligibility
- Are in the final year of your degree or have completed your university studies from an Australian University within the past three years
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume.
Applicants will be contacted to provide further information on the program and the selection process. For further information, please visit https://unisa.edu.au/grad-program/ .
Please address your cover letter to Emily Hardy, Strategic People Partner. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 2202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 5341.
Applications close: 11.30pm Sunday 10 September 2023
Applications will only be considered from Australian Aboriginal Peoples for this position, under special measures pursuant to Section 56 of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act 1984 (SA). You will be required to provide evidence of your Aboriginal heritage in your online application form.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Executive Director, It Integration Program, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Job no:512853 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Information and Communications Technology, Senior Manager The University of Adelaide (UoA) and the University of South Aus...
Student Services Officer Wirltu Yarlu, University of Adelaide, Australia, 11 days ago
Job no:513039 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Student Services and Learning support, HEO6, Wirltu Yarlu, Indigenous (HE06) $86,360 - $93,285 per annum plus an employer ...
Senior Lecturer In Remote Health Practice (Allied Health), Flinders University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Position Details Fixed Term Until December 2024 | Full-Time Academic Level C | $129,818 - $149,331 p.a. Location: Alice Springs / Arrernte Country View Position Description Flinders Rural and Remo...
Project Officer (Identified), University of Sydney, Australia, about 6 hours ago
2 x Full time Identified Project Officer roles until September 2026 Provide diverse Project Support to the Pro-Vice Chancellor, Indigenous Starting of $95,860 -$103,341 Base + 17% Super + Leave Lo...
Lecturer In Indigenous Knowledges And Culture (Identified), Flinders University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Position Details 2 Fixed Term Positions: 1 Until December 2024 & 1 Until November 2024 | Full-Time Academic Level B | $106,403 - $125,917 p.a. Location: Alice Springs / Arrernte Country View Posit...
Research Officer, FLINDERS UNIVERSITY, Australia, 22 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company FLINDERS UNIVERSITY Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia ...