Job Reference: 762259
Lecturer $103,101 – $122,133 plus 17% superannuation
Senior Lecturer $125,937 – $144,971 plus 17% superannuation
Associate Professor $151,317 - $166,536 plus 17% superannuation
Formed in 2017, the School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences brings together Curtin’s core capabilities across electrical engineering, computing, physics and mathematics, to better understand and advance our data-driven world. Physics and mathematics are the underpinning of engineering and the future of electrical engineering involves incorporating aspects of computing and data science. All of these disciplines are within the school, which puts us at the forefront of this evolution.
The school is home to several large institutes and centres that have significant electrical and computer engineering programs within them. These include the Curtin Institute for Radio Astronomy, the Curtin Institute for Computation, the Cisco Curtin Centre for Intent-Based Networking, and the Optus-Curtin Centre of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence.
Our undergraduate engineering course has three specializations; Electrical Power Engineering, Embedded Systems Engineering or Communication Engineering. Many of our engineering students choose to do a double degree, combined their engineering with computing, physics or data science. In addition, there are four Master of Professional Engineering majors; Software Engineering, Embedded Systems, Telecommunications and Networking, Emerging Power Systems.
This is an exciting career opportunity for you to play a significant role in the future of electrical and computer engineering at Curtin, from both teaching and learning and research perspectives. You will be part of a dynamic team with a passion for learning and teaching and well as driving the research directions of the school in the years ahead. This position will be located on the Bentley Campus of Curtin University
Your new role
The appointees will contribute to the teaching and research activities of the Discipline of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the school.
The appointees will be required to conduct teaching activities at all levels in electrical engineering, including undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Teaching and Learning
- Lead in educational innovation and prepare graduates for the future. Teaching that is engaging and innovative, is grounded in educational best practice, scholarship and research, and contributes to outstanding graduate outcomes.
- Engage in scholarship and innovation, provide excellent teaching and student support and develop high quality curricula and assessment
- Ability to contribute to ongoing curriculum dissemination and development in electrical and computer engineering, with a focus on the majors and specializations we deliver.
- Ability to coordinate units and courses within the discipline including Honours & coursework Masters project units.
- Ability to develop and maintain course materials as required. Experience in delivery of lectures, laboratories and tutorials.
- Supervise final year honours projects and coursework Masters projects.
- Deliver units at overseas partner institutions when and where required.
- Develop and deliver professional development courses in both face-to-face and online modes.
- Undertake internationally competitive research in one or more areas of the schools’ strengths with an emphasis in cross discipline demand driven research.
- Align outputs with existing and emerging research groups/areas within the school
- Power Systems Group
- Digital Systems & Intelligent Sensor Laboratory
- Signal Processing Group
- Radio Frequency and Microwave research
- Work collaboratively with the school research centres and institutes (the option for successful applicants to join one of these centres will be encouraged where appropriate):
- Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy
- Curtin Institute for Computation
- Cisco Curtin Centre for Intent-Based Networking
- Optus-Curtin Centre of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence.
- Possess a demonstrated record of accomplishment of publications in high quality and high impact peer-reviewed international journals relative to opportunity.
- Participate in internal and external research seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Apply for nationally competitive grants and industry sponsored projects.
- Supervise PhD and MPhil theses.
- Assist the school leadership team with ongoing planning, administrative and outreach activities.
- A PhD in Electrical Engineering or related area.
- Demonstrated high level teaching skill and a demonstrated reflective approach to teaching delivery.
- A strong understanding of pedagogical theory and contemporary educational practice relevant to the discipline and a record of contribution to scholarship in teaching.
- An established record of research outputs/creative works in high quality refereed journals/outlets consistent with the discipline.
- A history of successful competitive grant applications relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise HDR students.
- Demonstrated experience / capacity to undertake unit coordination.
- Demonstrated high-level communication and interpersonal skills with a commitment to the development of a collegial and supportive working environment and the ability interact with students and staff with cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of this position.
- Agile and flexible working environment
- The opportunity to grow, develop and diversify your own skill set
- Competitive remuneration package with 17% Superannuation
- Extensive learning and development available.
- An established high quality research environment, as well as be provided with appropriate mentoring by senior academics, and integrated into a close network of post-doctoral researchers and research students
Please attach a document outlining your suitability for the role against “You will bring to the role”
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, improving the representation of women in STEM disciplines, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Please apply via the attached link; we cannot accept resumes sent to the above contact
Once you have applied, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. If you do not receive confirmation via email, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you check your spam folders for this email before contacting the team.
Applications close: 10:00pm AWST Thursday 19th August 2021
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Executive Director, International Centre For Radio Astronomy Research, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job no:507021 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Science, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Executive Executive Director International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research Rare op...
Lecturer Chemical Engineering, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 17 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (Level B) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY LECTURER (LEVEL B) ...
Software Engineer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job no:507310 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences School of Engineering - Australian Centre for Geomechanics Full-time, 2...
Lecturer (Civil Engineering) Female Candidates Only, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 17 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (LEVEL B) Full-time (part-time considered), ongoing, Joondalup campus Open to candidates with either permanent residency or Australian citizenship. LECTURER (LEVEL B) IN CI...
Centre Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 9 days ago
Job no:506813 Work type:part time Location:Crawley Categories:Campus / facilities management School of Engineering Department of Mechanical Engineering Centre for Engineering Innovation: Agricultu...
Specialist (Cybersecurity Awareness And Assurance), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 18 days ago
Job no:507441 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology University IT Full-time, ongoing appointment Salary range: Level 8; $101,337 - $110,766 p.a. plus 17% superannu...