About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. Prefer candidate to be in the Pacific or Mountain Time Zone as you'll be working Pacific hours.
The objective of the Senior Data and Reporting Analyst is to support the utilization of data as well as risk and predictive models to optimize research projects. This will be done through informing strategy and decision support. The data analyst works closely with researchers to refine the questions, problems and goals. This position will ensure that the design of informatics systems (from a data perspective) represents these needs and is optimal in order to achieve research goals and outcomes. The Senior Data and Reporting Analyst will use data mining, statistics, statistical modeling and machine learning to understand relationships and patterns in data. The insights gathered from this analysis are translated into actionable steps and best practices through decision support systems, dashboard, and reports. This role will participate in the development of tools to enable visualization and use of this information within research.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a model for research data management, standardization and governance.
- Perform analytics on patient populations
- Perform explanatory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods
- Build algorithms to predict future data trends and relationships.
- Meet with clinicians and administrative leaders to explain data, data analysis, insights and relationships within data
- Analyze and mine research data to identify patterns and correlations among the various data points
- Analyze and interpret research data, extract relevance and formulate recommendations for research and operational processes
- Design and maintain research score cards, dashboards and reports in a standardized fashion to ensure readability, accuracy and understanding by researchers
- Produce reports to meet end-user needs
- Assist in development of measures for monitoring research outcomes and processes
- Assist with development of methods to monitor data integrity, accuracy and reliability
- Assists with the design and maintenance of data governance structures, policies and procedures
- Collaborate and develop working relationships with research departments, divisions and operational leaders.
- Translate and prioritize end-user data requirements to the technical team for further design and implementation of research applications
- Work with the build team to ensure data standardization and normalization for connectivity and interoperability
- Work with the build team and vendors to ensure that data design meets requirements for the integration and exchange of research data
- Identify areas for optimization and enhancements with research data documentation and data elements in orders
- May be required to travel up to 50%Serve as an expert resource and consultant for all areas of the medical center with regard to data collection, standards, management, governance, retrieval and use as well as design and use of CDS elements and tools.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience in a relevant field with competencies in data analysis, information systems, and computer science.
- Five or more years of experience of relevant data analytics including data manipulation, data analysis and information systems. Demonstrated proficiency with information systems, programming skills and data base foundations, preferred. Experience can include tracking, data analysis, or related development field experience or a combination of institutional development experience is highly desirable, preferably within an academic, medical or major research institution.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Demonstrated competencies in data analysis, information systems, computer science, database foundations
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-CL
Assistant Or Associate Professor In Computer Architectures And/Or Compilers, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 20 days ago
Disruptive Computing Engines will enable revolutionary developments in science and society that require far greater and more efficient computing power than currently available. For instance, while...
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor Of Nursing Mental Health , Dublin City University ;, Ireland, 4 days ago
School of Nursing, Psychotherapy & Community Health 3 Year Fixed Term Contract Dublin City University (www.dcu.ie) is a research-intensive, globally-engaged, dynamic institution that is distinguis...
Assistant Or Associate Professor In Computer Architectures And/Or Compilers, Technische Universiteit Delft, Netherlands, 15 days ago
You will actively participate in multidisciplinary collaboration with colleagues within QCE and from QuTech. Assistant or associate professor in computer architectures and/or compilers Delft, 36-4...
Lecturer – Faculty Of Innovation And Design, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Ref. No: #21221-FIAD05 The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions: Lecturer in Art and Design (Environmental Art, Landscape Planning or Visual Communicat...
Assistant Professor – Institute Of Data Science, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Ref. No: #21221-IDS03 The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions: Assistant Professor in Computer Science / Information Technology / Software Engineering...
Associate Professor – Institute Of Data Science, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Ref. No: #21221-IDS02 The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions: Associate Professor in Computer Science / Information Technology / Mathematics and Stat...